Chapter 15

Started by nigel, June 10, 2013, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel

One fine day when replacing a FET board on a Classic 250 (non warranty claim I might add) which had been abused by a water turbine and installed by a ***** who had also fried a Outback FM80 as well !

I came across the following

Chapter 15. ?

One fine day Irving said to Margaret
"we,re reunitied, and it feels so good and
Its a marvelous night for a moondance".
Its been such a long time Maggie May dance
with me,  I want to be your partner" said
Irving, She replied "Irving you,re the one
that I want ,but even though time is on my
side, it,s late, we gotta get on home because
the night has a thousand eyes". "EEEK" she
shrieked, "It,s too late baby now, here comes
the sun. We,re so sorry, Uncle Albert "

Printed on the innards of a Classic 250 Fet Board ?

Lyrics from '
we,re reunitied, and it feels so good (Reunited by Peaches and herb)
Its a marvelous night for a moondance". (Allspirit by Van Morrison )
Its been such a long time (New Birth (originally The Nite-Liters)
Maggie May (written by singer Rod Stewart and Martin Quittenton)
dance with me,  I want to be your partner" ( Orleans)
you,re the one that I want (Musical Grease. It was performed by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.)
Time is on my side (Rolling Stones)
it,s late, we gotta get on home (Ricky Nelson Written by Dorsey Burnette Peak chart position # 9 in 1959)
The night has a thousand Eyes (Bobby Vee)
She Shrieked (Garmarna)
It,s too late baby now (Carole King)
here Comes the Sun"( George Harrison from the Beatles' 1969 album Abbey Road)
We,re so sorry, Uncle Albert " (Paul McCartney Uncle Albert/admiral Halsey Lyrics)

Now that Ive wasted 30 minutes of my life with this have I won a prize if so Ill donate it to charity  ;D

http://prismsolar.co.uk/shop/index.php?_a=product&product_id=329

TomW

Sneaky people them engine ears!

Interesting choice of lyrics.

Seen similar, shorter stuff on boards over the years.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

nigel

EEEK was the only thing I didnt get a lyric for I did get a hit on Harry Potter though  :-\

Robin

Twenty years ago I was sitting at my desk at Trace Engineering. It was late at night and I was designing the Triac board for the upcoming DR inverter. Like I said, it was late and I must have been in a very weird mood. I had a lot of room left on the circuit board after laying out all the traces and parts. For some reason I was thinking about the girls downstairs who stuffed all the boards. I decided to give them a challenge, so I came up with a bunch of phrases from 1950's and 60's songs and put them together in a story. The top side of the board had Chapter 1 and the back side had chapter 2. I made the story around Margaret (my wife's middle name) and Irving. They were trolls that lived under a bridge. I knew this would cause the girls trouble since the story was actually made up of phrases of songs that were popular before most of them were born. The goal was for them to figure out the songs. I continued on additional boards until there were 13 chapters. We had great fun with all of this. I did not do any stories at OutBack as the electrical engineers did not like them. (Poo Butts). Doug has reserected the chapters although he is concentrating more on songs than a story. It is all good fun, so look for additional chapters on lots of different MidNite products.
Robin Gudgel

nigel

Chapter 14 ?............. wot no prize for Charity ?
Q. If not personal ........Irving ?
Regardless Ill send $100 to a  Charity of your choice , I would have sent it to the charity you were supporting a while ago  but I cant find it on your site anymore ?
Money is for those who can do good in the world hopefully IMHO
Time to open a MNBC meter ?.......chapter 14 ?
PS im always in a weird mood, comes with brilliance of mind... that never sleeps... ever.... maybe a curse ? no actually a curse !
So Ill keeping on taking the tablets...............
PS....The Samsung is really  hard to swallow ;)

Westbranch

Nigel.... you punter,
more vino tinto por favor
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

nigel

WB..No unfortunately thats just me Im afraid, the charity was something todo with injured forces personnel and an electric golf
cart trip across the states to raise money.
Im unaware if its finished now, as I couldnt  see in on the MN home page any more !
Anyways donation sent.
So as weird as I am.... Ill feel good today :)

Halfcrazy

Here is the website for the project http://www.cartingforacause.org/

It looks like it made it without any issues. Seems like a long ride in a golf cart though  :o
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

nigel

Ryan many thanks but the Go Carting link whilst still working have stopped taking donations, on the 5th June so I did what the site said and made my donation direct with the Wounded Warrior Project.