News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

two controlers

Started by Thirteen, June 23, 2013, 11:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirteen

I am thinking of putting 2 controllers on the same incoming line from my solar panels.  1 -12v the other 1 - 24v One for the garage then go another 105 ft and go into the 24v power room for the house. 2 separate banks 2 sets of controllers and inverters. But only one power supply line. What part will I be able to cook my hotdogs on? the 12v system is old but will work for a few lights and limeted power usage. I'll have a 48v 1200w solar system upon the mountain and another 24v 720w next to the wood shed 30 ft from the house bank.  99% of this stuff is Midnite EQ

boB

Quote from: Thirteen on June 23, 2013, 11:39:00 AM
What part will I be able to cook my hotdogs on?

The hottest part of the Classic is probably on the right hand side so that will probably work best
for hot dogs....  This might work best if the Classic is on its side so the hot dog sits semi-flat.

So, you want to use one (1) PV array on 2 Classics but charge 2 separate independent
battery banks of different voltages ?    Unfortunately, that won't work too well.  You will
need two separate PV arrays.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Robin

I would suggest using two of our competitors units for this set up. Make sure the hot dogs are in place when you turn on the power. It will cook your dogs in a few seconds. You may have to scrape off the soot from blown up fets before eating though.
Robin Gudgel

boB

But seriously,  you will need two (2) separate runs and independent PV arrays for each
controller and battery system.

If the battery negative is common between the two systems and the batteries are
within a few feet of each other, you may be able to get away with one common PV
negative line though and save yourself one additional PV wire.

Otherwise the Classics will feed and fight each other for power and it will
be able to cook hotdogs and hamburgers until the smoke comes out.

I would rather suggest smoked salmon maybe ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me