Classic MNGP..what battery cell type to replace ??

Started by phonetic, June 23, 2013, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonetic

I think my classic is loosing time..might need to replace the battery cell..what battery type to I need ??
I'm located 100 miles from the classic..next visit to the weekender want to replace MNGP battery :)
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.

Vic

Hi phonetic,

Well,  this thread says it is a CR1216,  a number that I now recall:
http://www.midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=998.0

Will search further...

One of my Classics also looses time every the Battery breaker is switched off,  for whatever reason.    Early on,  I did switch off that Classic's power for four days,  and that must have done it for that one.

Later,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Sometimes the battery is good but the connection is bad.

If you have a volt meter, read its voltage.  If it's 2.9V or more, you're good to go.

Pull the battery out and press down on those 2 tongs that hold the battery in and then
put the battery back in.  That is usually what happens when time and date go away
when powered down and back up again if the battery is any good at all.  By "any good
at all", I mean, something over 1.5 volts or so.

The MNGP is powered by the normal power supply and not so much by the battery when the
power is on but it may drain some.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me