Lite resting in full sun code 0 - unknown

Started by daneltravieso, July 07, 2013, 04:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

To bad it was not a Classic 200. Need to hope for cooler weather to get the VOC up just a few volts. Either that or maybe hit the battery with a temporary large load to drop its voltage. Pretty tough situation, hopefully this is as hot as it gets there?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

RossW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 11, 2013, 08:13:51 PM
Need to hope for cooler weather to get the VOC up just a few volts. Either that or maybe hit the battery with a temporary large load to drop its voltage. Pretty tough situation, hopefully this is as hot as it gets there?

I could be talking completely out my @rse here, so ignore me if I am... just thinking of a possible way around the issue??

Could he go into tweeks and "correct" the classics voltmeter far enough? If he "tricked" it into thinking the battery was say 2V less than it really is, perhaps he could get it started? (Of course also then adjust the absorb and float voltages down accordingly...)
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

dgd

Quote from: RossW on July 12, 2013, 03:29:09 AM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 11, 2013, 08:13:51 PM
Need to hope for cooler weather to get the VOC up just a few volts. Either that or maybe hit the battery with a temporary large load to drop its voltage. Pretty tough situation, hopefully this is as hot as it gets there?

I could be talking completely out my @rse here, so ignore me if I am... just thinking of a possible way around the issue??

Could he go into tweeks and "correct" the classics voltmeter far enough? If he "tricked" it into thinking the battery was say 2V less than it really is, perhaps he could get it started? (Of course also then adjust the absorb and float voltages down accordingly...)

Ha! an excellent idea, he should definitely try this  :)
I was thinking that the solution, apart from selling the 150 and getting a 200, would be finding a 12v panel (17-18vmp, ocv 22v )of similar current rating to those 50vmp panels he has now. Two existing panels in series with a smaller panel will probably bump up the voltage sufficiently to get charging underway AND stop going into HyperVOC on cold days.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Yes absolutely go into the tweaks and offset the PV a few volts and see. It should work..

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time