multiple turbines to a single classic

Started by mahendra, July 26, 2013, 02:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

hi quick question can i  hook up two wind turbines of the same model and size to a classic(let say two kestrel e160i)
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Halfcrazy

In theory you could parallel 2 turbines to a single controller as long as all amperage limits etc where obeyed. In reality I find 2 identical turbines in very close proximity still do not run identical so I would say do not plan on full power from both. I would say plan on a 20-25% hit do to the paralleling. I have no scientific data to back that up just my ever so slight observations of seemingly identical turbines within say 300ft of each other.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mahendra

thanks ryan just wanted to make sure before i do something dumb.as i said before i am trying to expand my system by adding wind .i am just trying to spend my money wisely and at the same time try not to discard what i already have,just trying to give them purpose.So i am just speculating if to get the air 40 i already have since it is inadequate or add another one .
fyi scientific info does not always back stuff up real world situations are always is so don't feel bad.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648