Best settings for parallel strings (partialy shaded )

Started by fca, August 05, 2013, 09:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fca

Hi there, lets see if if can explain my question...

i have 4 parallel strings of 3 in series luxor 250watts modules,  2 of the strings have at shading (at least one panel) up until 12:00....
I will rearrange the strings so that only 1 string have shade....
But the question is having parallel strings with shading for what i read i will have voltage mismatch,  my modules have Vmpp of 30.79V so...

non shaded parallel string should have 3x30,79=~92v
shaded parallel string if one module is  in shade will  2x30,79=~61.58

in these kind of scenarios what is the best setting in midinite "solar", "dynamic", " legacy" ?  and what about the fine tuning of these options ?

thanks

Halfcrazy

For the most part I think Solar mode out of the box will be fine. If it does seem to misbehave you could try Legacy P&O. I may try them both back and forth and see if one is more productive than the other.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

fca

Quote"Legacy P&O (Perturb and Observe) mode is a slow tracking mode similar to the Micro Hydro mode but with the difference that it is slightly faster and will shut off if the power source goes off.
It has 2 settings that are user adjustable. Sweep Interval is the time between mini-sweeps, in minutes, and sweeps around the present (i.e. the last found), MPP Voltage. The range of this sweep is determined by the Sweep Depth user adjustment and is expressed as a percentage of Watts that the sweep started from. For example, if in Legacy P&O mode, the Classic was outputting 500 Watts and the Sweep Depth percentage was set for 10%, (50 Watts), the sweep will bring the input voltage DOWN until the output power drops down to 450 Watts, then will sweep UP in voltage until the power drops again down to 450 Watts and then go back to the newly found MPP Voltage, waiting for the next sweep."

trying to understand this but not yet (i'm dumb), so any recommendation for tune this legacy mode..

Halfcrazy

For 99.9% of the cases the default settings should be just fine. If there was a Very high voltage array Sweep Depth may want to be played with in Legacy but for the most part you should simply just be able to turn it on and let it go.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time