News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Up and running

Started by Zap, August 09, 2013, 02:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zap

Hi all,
have a BeagleBone Black up and running with Ubuntu 13.04  apache2, php, mysql.
It is really  surprising how fast this board is and had no problems getting things up and running.
Have  RossW's newmodbus installed and have been able to use the command prompt to get info from the Classic
How comes the hard part (for Me), setting up  to monitor the Classic as I don't know anything
about writing code or doing web pages.

zoneblue: I had a look at your website and even downloaded your code to play with,  will try and figure  it out.
6X Kyocera KD245GX-LFB, 2xClassic 150’s, 2x e-panel, 1x nottagutter 2x Outback-FX2524T, 800ah @ 24 volt battery bank, BBB running the BlackBox

TomW

Zap;

I can pass on some bits n pieces. I use crond to run my collection scripts and would be happy to share "how" I get what I want from the 2 Classics here.

I use awk and sed to massage the info and gnuplot to make graphs. PM me and I will see if I can help get you started logging which is the first step. There are more than one way to do this and I use just one method that works for me.

You may need to install some things (easy)

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

This is great, Zap !   can't wait to hear how it all works after some more experience.

Thanks for sharing that info !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

for some reason my Beagle Board black will not boot. it pops up the little BeagleBoard logo for a sec and then goes away. I need to do more digging

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 09, 2013, 03:36:35 PM
for some reason my Beagle Board black will not boot. it pops up the little BeagleBoard logo for a sec and then goes away. I need to do more digging

Ryan

So many new toys, too bad I went whole hog on rPi before these other boards came to my attention. They all seem to have their niche and uses.

Good luck with it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

zoneblue

Ross and i have been talking and a vague plan  is forming around starting a google code project to house all our various code tidbits, and maybe make some kind of plan to build something modular, that can grow over time and talk to more devices. I should have something in writing in a week or so.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

zoneblue

BTW which version of newmodbus are you using?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100

mtdoc

Quote from: zoneblue on August 09, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
Ross and i have been talking and a vague plan  is forming around starting a google code project to house all our various code tidbits, and maybe make some kind of plan to build something modular, that can grow over time and talk to more devices. I should have something in writing in a week or so.

Hey,

I just wanted to thank you guys. I'm sure there's probably many others like me who are monitoring junkies but without the coding skills to do what you guys are doing.  Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! ;D
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

TomW

Quote from: zoneblue on August 09, 2013, 04:49:21 PM
BTW which version of newmodbus are you using?

Blue;

ROSS/newmodbus -p solar
SOLAR Display Panel 1.0.18, RossW
State FloatMppt
Firmware 1401

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zoneblue

Tom, i was wondering whether he was using the rPi 'version' (that you compiled on the pi) on the beagle. That version...

Zap

The Ubuntu install info I used was from here: http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=Ubuntu_On_BeagleBone_Black
ZoneBlue:  using:  newmodbus 1.0.18 PC  Classic firmware 1401
6X Kyocera KD245GX-LFB, 2xClassic 150’s, 2x e-panel, 1x nottagutter 2x Outback-FX2524T, 800ah @ 24 volt battery bank, BBB running the BlackBox

TomW

Quote from: zoneblue on August 10, 2013, 01:19:21 AM
Tom, i was wondering whether he was using the rPi 'version' (that you compiled on the pi) on the beagle. That version...

I doubt he was using 1.0.18 of any version I compiled. I only got them compiled a couple days ago due to my internet being down for a week and then up and down for several days after that.

I haven't passed on any binaries of 1.0.18 yet. I only got the source a couple days ago.

Ross had an OS-X version he compiled and posted, I think.

Hoping to find a stable internet access option here soon before what I have dies for good.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tons001

I was able to get Ubuntu 12.04 up and running on the BBB from the sd but I am having trouble getting the full Ubuntu desktop up and going. Gonna putz around with it more today. I don't really want to flash over Argstorm till I know I like Ubuntu.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

Zap

Quote from: TomW on August 10, 2013, 08:04:50 AM
I doubt he was using 1.0.18 of any version I compiled.
Tom is right didn’t get it from him, got it from Rossw’s site : newmodbus.1.0.18-PC    02-Jul-2013 06:52    25K

RossW

Quote from: Zap on August 10, 2013, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: TomW on August 10, 2013, 08:04:50 AM
I doubt he was using 1.0.18 of any version I compiled.
Tom is right didn’t get it from him, got it from Rossw’s site : newmodbus.1.0.18-PC    02-Jul-2013 06:52    25K

Ahh, the irony!

Ross doesn't have an rPi.
But Tom has been intimately involved with my code since day one... the -PI and -PC versions of code on my site are actually compiled by TomW and sent back to me.

So in reality you ARE running a version compiled by Tom, just that it came via me ;)
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine