adding replacement Classic

Started by SolarWind, September 16, 2013, 08:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarWind

Hi, I had to replace the Classic 150 on my system due to a hardware problem so now MyMidnite doesn't see the new one. Do I have to start over and lose all the accumulated data?

Solarwind

TomW

I think you can just add the new one in the "add device" tab and your old data should remain in the area for the original?

Not sure tho. It might fall off the end eventually or something. Ryan or Andy could tell you for sure.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

atop8918

Yes, you can add new devices under the Management tab.

SolarWind

Ok I've programmed in the MAC address and the ID and the Classic showed up on MyMidnite now but it is not reporting. What could be the problem? Clues?

Solarwind

TomW

Quote from: SolarWind on September 18, 2013, 02:30:51 PM
Ok I've programmed in the MAC address and the ID and the Classic showed up on MyMidnite now but it is not reporting. What could be the problem? Clues?

Solarwind

Make sure it is enabled in the network tab on the MNGP and that it is active on your network as in can access it with the Local App / ping, etc.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

SolarWind

Yep, working with the local app and Network is enabled. Mymidnite was able to see it that's how I was able to add it but it gives me the message:

This Classic has not been able to communicate with the server for more than 2 weeks. Check your device's network connection and consider upgrading its firmware.

I just installed it on Saturday so maybe it's got a conflict with a previous install as it is a replacement for a defective unit and I know they sometimes send refurbs as replacements.

TomW

There was an issue with the DNS in some Classics.

I poked Andy and Ryan on this. They will get it sorted out pretty quick.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

boB

Quote from: SolarWind on September 18, 2013, 04:50:36 PM
Yep, working with the local app and Network is enabled. Mymidnite was able to see it that's how I was able to add it but it gives me the message:

This Classic has not been able to communicate with the server for more than 2 weeks. Check your device's network connection and consider upgrading its firmware.

I just installed it on Saturday so maybe it's got a conflict with a previous install as it is a replacement for a defective unit and I know they sometimes send refurbs as replacements.

Could it be talking about the old unit ?  I'm not sure but maybe you need to delete the old Classic from My Midnite ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarWind

No the old Classic was reporting up to the day I took it out. Same day I installed the new one so there was no two week delay without reporting. I did notice that the MNGP isn't the latest version and I haven't had a chance to update it, could that be the issue?

atop8918

What version of firmware are you running? If it is < 1401 then you will need to update. If it is greater than 1401 you will need to make sure that the DNS2 / DNS override value is set to 0.0.0.0 and then reboot the unit. This can be done from the Local App or the MNGP.

It should come up as 0.0.0.0 by default, but for some reason it seems to get screwed up on some units.

There is currently no way to explicitly remove old Classics but it shouldn't have any effect on your newer one (other than to take up space). You can move the old one to the UNASSIGNED system and disable the "Unassigned Units" warning if you like. Deleting units is on my list of things to do, unfortunately things keep get stacked on top of it.

atop8918

Sorry, I just re-read and realized that you were asking about the MNGP -- the MNGP should have no effect on the networking behavior, but the Classic Firmware is crucial and not all units shipped from the factory have the latest code.

Thanks!
-A

Halfcrazy

We need to know the firmware version of the replacement classic.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

SolarWind

I updated the MNGP and it seems to be online now, I'll wait until I get some sun on the panels to be sure. The Classic was up to date but the MNGP was not and apparently that was the prob.

Solarwind

SolarWind

Yup, that fixed it. It's working now. BTW, is there any way to download the data that's accumulated?

atop8918

Please see attached