News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

How to reset Amp hours?

Started by mtdoc, November 09, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdoc

Installed my WBJr a few days ago and immediately it displayed the large values for +AH and -AH as seen below.

How can I reset these numbers ?

Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Halfcrazy

Hm my guess is the WBjr is backwards on its direction of current flow? boB will chime in I am sure. I do know you can reverse the logic if need be.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mtdoc

Thanks though I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  The WBJr reads real time amps in and out with correct polarity - no way I could of put it in backwards in any case since the neg bus bar on my ePanel won't allow that.

I assume the +AH and -AH is some kind of counter of lifetime amps in and  out. But then what is the net AH? It's been stuck on 1 since I installed it.

boB or anyone??
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

boB

Check the Whizbang Junior release notes...

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Whizbang_manual.pdf

If you go to the LOGS menu in the MNGP, press the ENTER button and
you will see the selection for clearing certain logging data including
the WB Jr. Amp-Hour information.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mtdoc

Quote from: boB on November 10, 2013, 11:01:35 PM

Check the Whizbang Junior release notes...

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Whizbang_manual.pdf

If you go to the LOGS menu in the MNGP, press the ENTER button and
you will see the selection for clearing certain logging data including
the WB Jr. Amp-Hour information.

boB

You mean I need to read the manual??? ::)

OK - I went and did this and it worked fine. Thanks for the hand holding. I did manage to accidentally erase 2 years of daily logs.... DOH!  That's what I get for trying this after dinner and 1/2 bottle of wine...  (no biggie though - I don't think I really need that data yet..)

BTW - one tidbit you might want to add to the manual:

When installing on an epanel (or anytime a buss bar in on the right side of the shunt) - you need to be careful there are no strands of copper sticking through the buss bar below the WBJr. The tolerance there is very small.  I found this out when I was tightening down the screws to install the WBJr. The right side of the PCB was bowing up and at first I could not figure out why. I could not easily see until looking closely with a light but a few strands from a 4AWG ground wire were poking past the buss bar and preventing the edge of the WBJr from moving down.