News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Jumpy amps

Started by toothy, November 17, 2013, 04:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Quote from: boB on November 25, 2013, 09:08:24 PM

...  Let us know if your charger ever gets to Float !
boB

Hi boB,

Today,  DID see the WBjr command the Classic to go to Float!!  Way Cool!

I did have to increase the EA setting a bit,  from 15.5 to 16.3 A.   The Jitter was +/-- one Amp or so.   My guess for the new EA setting was a bit too high.  Perhaps the guess of 15.5 was too high also.  Had added more than an Amp to the 14.3-ish that had been used before the installation of the WB.

We have had such terrific weather  (YES,  we really do need the rain/snow in CA),  that the power room is still being A/Ced.  It looked like this cycling of the A/C compressor was exaggerating the swing of the jitter,  so turned off the A/C,  while watching for the WBjr  to command Float.

Measured the SGs just after entering Float,  and the bank is a tad undercharged with 150 minutes of Absorb at 58.1 V --  Flooded batts @1.265 SG being fully recharged.

Will play with the EA settings over the next week or two,  as time permits.

This is the drive-by report for now.

The WhizBangjr is a very slick and quite useful product at a very low price.  It is a marvel that all of that function could be packed into the tiny PCB and into the Classic.  Fantastic job,  and the WBjr is SSOOOOOoooo  inexpensive!

Thank you very much to all the MidNite crew that designed such a nifty,  useful  product,  and got it to market quite quickly.   Very happy,  yet again with all of the MidNite products that I have seen.  Kudos!    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

TomW

Quote from: Vic on November 27, 2013, 10:28:37 PM

haul in drinking water -- 1 gal jugs  -- from town
Eventually,  will  filter the rain water for drinking.   We use this water for all domestic used,   save for drinking.

Vic;

A couple years ago we purchased a Big Berkey counter top water filter. We used to haul city water for drinking.

Supposedly you can put raw sewage in it and get potable water out but I would not try this unless it was post apocalypse and we were dying of thirst.

It certainly works great on our well water that can induce Montezumas Revenge on you if you drink it over time.

It was not cheap but it works well and can easily filter enough water for several adults per day if you keep it full.

Saves a lot of aggravation and carrying jugs. Certainly good since we are both retired and do not get to town daily.

Just FYI. Sorry to divert the topic.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Quote from: TomW on December 02, 2013, 06:48:35 AM
Quote from: Vic on November 27, 2013, 10:28:37 PM

haul in drinking water -- 1 gal jugs  -- from town
Eventually,  will  filter the rain water for drinking.   We use this water for all domestic used,   save for drinking.

Vic;

A couple years ago we purchased a Big Berkey counter top water filter. We used to haul city water for drinking.

Supposedly you can put raw sewage in it and get potable water out but I would not try this unless it was post apocalypse and we were dying of thirst.

It certainly works great on our well water that can induce Montezumas Revenge on you if you drink it over time.

It was not cheap but it works well and can easily filter enough water for several adults per day if you keep it full.

Saves a lot of aggravation and carrying jugs. Certainly good since we are both retired and do not get to town daily.

Just FYI. Sorry to divert the topic.

Tom

I will second Toms recommendation there. Our Well has been known to have some things in it and after the last pump change (The Wife helped and saw the pipe and pump and slime :)  ) we ended up with a Big Berkey and love it. I, like Tom, would not recommend raw sewage as a normal diet unless the Zombies have stolen my well pump. But the thing will clean some water. It is surprising to me how seemingly clean water out of a well will dirty the filters.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Westbranch

Here is a link to a friends passion, clean water in Peru, a novel approach.  they originally started with concrete filter bodies, now use PVC.  http://deseaperu.org/

some background info   http://biosandfilters.info/technical
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Vic

OK Tom,  Ryan,  Wb,

Thanks for the info ...   did go to the Big Berkey site ...  looks interesting,  but there seem to be no specs (whatsoever).

There IS something attractive about a counter-top filter system.

We do have a basic system installed,  but not plumbed yet -- 100 micron,  10 micron string filters followed by a Carbon Block filter,  which should really do the trick.   Have been a bit concerned about freeze damage to it ...   should really give it a try.

More later,  Thanks!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!