Report Card for Beta Units...??

Started by Westbranch, December 10, 2013, 01:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westbranch

Robin, just read your comment that the Beta Units should be in the mail soon, and though went to how you will want feedback.

Do you have a "Report Card" (spreadsheet?) for us to fill in electronically to give you guys some good feedback on how the Kids perform under our real life conditions?
Ie System specs, Charge specs, batt size/age, hrs of sunlight, output, float achieved, etc, ad nauseum...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

Not Robin but.

I would say we should comment here as much as possible. I can make a new thread for BETA KID thoughts, Bugs and suggestions or something like that.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Westbranch

Thanks Ryan, not trying to keep anything secret, no problem with posting,  just thought that some structure would help you guys sort things out if an anomaly crops up.
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,

Halfcrazy

yes I agree. I will ask Bo to put together something. I think suggestions etc will good in the public's eye as it will stir lots of opinions

Ryan

onanparts

Beta KID # 17 showed up at my door this morning.  :) Six SW 270 PV panels expected to be here in the next 7-10 days so I should have the KID online soon for some BETA testing! First impressions out of the box the KID is built like a tank. I'm certain it will be a big hit for a CC in it's size class.  ;D Can't wait for the panels to show up so I can put it to work!
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

dapdan

Congratulations dude. I am patiently awaiting mine.

Cheers...
Damani

Halfcrazy

I think I would like to keep all comments, Good, Bad or indifferent on the forum here. Now the question is how to do it? I think I will create a category specifically for this "The KID BETA Report card" and let everyone just pile in. We could make it a category with sub categories for different things but I suspect that would get large and harder to follow? Thoughts?

Ryan

Robin

Report card from Hawaii.
Although this type of installation is not recommended, it is nice to know that this KID survived a storm and is still working normal. We are expecting a larger storm later today. I haven't moved the KID from its outdoor location so let's see what it is good for.
Ryan, is this situation covered under warranty? Aren't the marine versions supposed to work under water? TeeHee
Robin Gudgel

Westbranch

So? what's the problem?  None of the fuses are blown? ;).... just a few spots of water ;D ;D
and it is still kicking down from '51.? V

:o HMMM is that from a water leak, say What?  that's a marine model...  that was sub-marine wasn't it?

TomW

Quote from: Robin on January 03, 2014, 05:16:09 PM
Ryan, is this situation covered under warranty? Aren't the marine versions supposed to work under water? TeeHee

Or the next closest thing, the Monsoons and 125% humidity?

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Robin

Not a water leak. The rain here was blowing sideways all night.
Robin Gudgel

Halfcrazy

Report card from Hawaii.
Although this type of installation is not recommended, it is nice to know that this KID survived a storm and is still working normal. We are expecting a larger storm later today. I haven't moved the KID from its outdoor location so let's see what it is good for.

Nope I believe that disqualifies you from any warranty requests :)

onanparts

Quote from: Halfcrazy on January 03, 2014, 07:52:06 PM
Report card from Hawaii.

Nope I believe that disqualifies you from any warranty requests :)

The fine print in Robins contract stipulates "Lifetime warranty" for any situation. Abuse, acts of boB etc.  :)

He can tie the KID to a piece of rope and drag it behind his bicycle all day and still be covered. Of course, to get that kind of anything goes extended warranty he has to pay much much more than anyone else does. 500 times list?  ;)

Robin

Hmmmm, maybe that is why my garage is full of inverters and charge controllers?
Robin Gudgel

onanparts

Quote from: Robin on January 04, 2014, 01:55:36 AM
Hmmmm, maybe that is why my garage is full of inverters and charge controllers?

and Spectro Acoustics, Marantz, Phase Linear, Carver, Scott, maybe a RobKen 2123?.......etc. etc.......