STRANGE THINGS HAPPENING

Started by GHOSTNH, December 29, 2013, 12:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHOSTNH

MY MIDNITE WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL DEC 21 THEN WHILE I WAS AWAY  ON HOLIDAY IT DIED.. NO DATA DISPLAYED.... NO ACCESS TO CONTROLLER VIA LOCAL APP EITHER..   UP ON MY RETURN  THE LOCAL APP WOULD NOT CONNECT VIA IN HOUSE NETWORK EITHER.... HARD RESET ON CONTROLLER GOT THE LOCAL APP TO WORK IN HOUSE... BUT STILL NO STREAMING DATA TO MY MIDNITE.. CHECKING THE LOCAL APP I FOUND THE THE WEB WAS DIABLED (STRANGE). ALSO THE GATEWAY ADDRESS WAS GONE .. SO I RESET  BOTH TO ENABLE AND THE CORRECT GATEWAY IP... STILL NO STREAMING DATA TO MYMIDNITE .. CHECK THIS FORUM AND REBOOTED CONTROLLER ..  CHECK THE LOCAL APP AFTER THE REBOOT AND THE WEB WAS DISABLED ( ENABLED IT AGAIN) THE GATEWAY ALSO HAD TO BE RESET .. AND STILL NO DATA STREAMING TO MY MIDNITE .. SO HELP!!!!!
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

TomW

Ghost;

Please cycle that "CAPS LOCK" key before posting. It is considered shouting online to post in ALL CAPS.

WRT your network disconnection:

I find my Classics can lose their connection if the router gets rebooted or otherwise it cannot find the network. Usually a reboot fixes it.

I find this less of an issue with my Classic set for static IP and would suggest you set yours that way. It just helps ease networking problems.

And, almost forgot. Set your secondary DNS (DNS Override) to 0.0.0.0

Good luck with it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

GHOSTNH

TOM
  sorry was not intending to shout  ..old eyes   caps help see the typing mistakes ..

i did reset the router and the modem . also the dns over ride is set to the alt override dns 98.129.247.45 still no data stream..
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

GHOSTNH

OK   still no data streams .. 2 weeks ... now when I log into my midnite I get this msg:
""This Classic has not been able to communicate with the server for more than 2 weeks. Check your device's network connection and consider upgrading its firmware.   ""
Firmware is rev1549
network rev 1547
web is enabled
gateway is the router addy
dns override 98.129.247.45

worked fine til dec 22

TomW

Ghost;

I have no new insight but would add that it is probably something simple. Checking all connections. reboot routers, switches, etc might help. One of my older routers would spontaneously block some devices from getting through it to either internal or external sites not necessarily both. Might check that? Routers can be finicky and flaky devices.

Sorry I can't point out a sure fix.

Good Luck with it. Wish I was close I would pop in and poke it some with you see what is up. Remote troubleshooting is challenging to say the least.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Can you take a screen shot of the networking portion of the Local App screen? I wonder if the Router or Modem hicupped and caused a blip. Have you rebooted everything Internet related? IE the cable modem or DSL modem and the router and any switches.

Networking can make you pull your hair out thats for sure. What I do is shut everything off and turn them on from the internet side to the devices in that order. So turn on the modem then the router then any switches etc and lastly the connected devices

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

GHOSTNH

Screen shot attached
i have rebooted every thing mulitple times
only thing noticed was that the controller did not keep the network settings had to eenable the web and set the gateway after ea reset

GHOSTNH

wrong screen shot that is an old one
attched is the latest one

GHOSTNH

Ryan,Andrew any input ?? still no data

dgd

Those dns entries, do they fill in those values automatically when you reboot the Classic?
Make them both 0.0.0.0 and reboot Classic then wait half hour and see if comms has started.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

TomW

Set your DNS Override to 0.0.0.0 !

If it is losing the settings on each power cycle (reboot) then you may have a defective unit that should be replaced.

This DNS Ovrerride "problem" is a known issue if other values than 0.0.0.0  are used for some networks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

atop8918

If this is a Lite, the problem with the network settings not sticking after reboot might be that it is not set to "Custom" Mode. If it is set to Custom mode then it might be a defective MNLP display unit. I think some of the first ones we sent out had a bug that would mess with the network settings. You can get a free replacement if that is the case.
Try unplugging the MNLP entirely from the Classic. Then use the Local App to set the network settings (particularly the gateway and DNS2/DNS Override value) then re-power the unit.
kloogy, I know, but it might do the trick. Then we can get you a newer MNLP.

GHOSTNH

thank's for the suggestions

i have reset the override dns to 0.0.0.0 ..  (lets see what happens) ...i was using the other dns override ip cuz thats what  i was told by andrew to use for my comcast network

this is a lite

we replaced the lite mnlp panel in sept .. unit was bought new in aug  ( see other posts)

i have had problems with unit since new aug2013 purchased ( see other posts

i would like to stay out of custom mode due to the ip addy changing on ea reboot (dhcp vs static) like to stay in static mode with the current ip addy ..

GHOSTNH

reset the dns override to 0.0.0.0 rebooted controller . have a data stream ;D something must have changed in the network of either your server or comcast network.   let see how long this stay active

GHOSTNH

oh i did have to reset the gateway and enable web after reboot