Is my math correct?

Started by lndmvr, December 31, 2013, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lndmvr

My midnite 150 just arrived. I am setting up a small off grid , transportable system. I have 2- 435 watt panels. See attached pdf for midnites calculator. Here are my hardware intentions,
Since only 2 panels, no breakers needed to panel buss bar. 10 awg wiring mc4 pigtails and  cable 15 feet from furthest panel.
Panel buss bar to CC 20 amp midnite 150 vdc din 8 awg less than 3 feet
CC to battery buss bar 63 amp midnite 150 vdc din 4 awg less than 4 feet
Battery to inverter figured at 1000 watts@ 12 volts = 83 amps x 1.56 = 130 amp fuse Which would be at maximun. 2 -4 awg cables each post + and -

2- 125 ah flooded deep cycle 12 volt in parallel.

Midnite states breakers can be used as switches.

For an extra couple of bucks I could breaker the panels individually but I think that would be redundant.
Usage, sun hours is way to variable to determine for each spot. Home base is 33612. I adjusted for ambient temps which should be close.
It seems like everyone on the internet has different opinions for this calculation so i thought it best to ask the maker.

Date of packaging for the controller is 11-1-13. Will this update when it's powered for the 1st time?

Thanks

TomW

Quote from: lndmvr on December 31, 2013, 11:06:06 AM

Date of packaging for the controller is 11-1-13. Will this update when it's powered for the 1st time?

Thanks

I didn't try to run your numbers. I suck at math!

The Classic will NOT update itself. You need to download the latest firmware and installer and update it yourself. It may well have the latest firmware on it from the factory.

There is a link someplace on the midnitesolar website.

I looked it up. It is over here:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmware.php?firmwareProduct_ID=1

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Also with that many watts of PV I would likely go to a 100 amp breaker between the Classic and the battery.

870 watts divided by 11 volts is 80 amps.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

lndmvr

up and running. Will start adding loads and determining consumption.