60 amp breaker

Started by pls418, March 31, 2011, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pls418

I want to buy a 60 amp breaker to protect a 60 amp charge controller, that will fit into a knockout in an older Trace 250 amp Disconnect Box.  There are two knockouts, one on each side of the box.  My question is will a MNEDC-60 amp DC breaker 150vdc panel mount 3/4" fit?
When I look at the specs on the Trace Disconnect Box it says the knockout is 2.29"h x 1.04"w and the screw holes to mount the breaker are 2.75" apart.  It also says that it uses and I'm sure this is old, Heinemann CD1 series or Carlingswith EA1 series.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve

Halfcrazy

That is what the industry calls a 1 inch panel mount breaker. MidNite makes a 3/4 inch wide breaker and we also make a breaker adapter to install that into the 1 inch spot.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

pls418

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 31, 2011, 07:19:36 PM
That is what the industry calls a 1 inch panel mount breaker. MidNite makes a 3/4 inch wide breaker and we also make a breaker adapter to install that into the 1 inch spot.

Halfcrazy,
Can you buy this anywhere where they sell MidNite breakers?  Or do I have to go to a special place? If you know of a place I can order this let me know.  If you have MidNite number for the adapter that would be nice.  Thanks
Steve

pls418

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 31, 2011, 07:19:36 PM

Halfcrazy,
I'm away from my disconnect box but the original 60 amp breaker that went into the side of it was CD60DC. How does that correspond with the MNEDC-60 panel mount 3/4"?  Was the CD60DC a 1" wide? I have to buy this stuff and take it out to an island in the middle of nowhere, so if I didn't have the adapter and the slot is 1" like I think it is, would the screw holes still line up with just a gap on each side of the breaker, as a temporary solution if I can't get the adapter right away?

Halfcrazy

Here is a link to our price list sheet on it. Any one of our distributors should have them. The part number is "Breaker Adapter". http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=253&productCatName=BREAKERS&productCat_ID=16

pls418

Halfcrazy, thanks, you have been great.  I'm ordering my stuff from Wholesale Solar and they don't appear to have the adapter.  They told me to contact the company, MidNites home page lists lots of distributors, but they won't answer any questions without a dealer number, which I obviously don't have. Checked a couple other retailers but couldn't find it.  Any idea where I can get it? Take care
Steve

Halfcrazy

Maybe the ALT E store they sell retail.

Robin

Try MaverickSolar.com, and Northern Arizona Wind and Sun. Affordable Solar should have these too as well as thr Solar.biz.
Robin Gudgel