News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

SOC Troubles

Started by Wxboy, February 01, 2014, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wxboy

For the first two days using the new SOC readings the Classic was fairly close to the Trimentric, within 1 or 2%.  They are both set at 97% efficiency(agm's) and 100 amp hours for the battery capacity.  On about the 3rd day they were off a little farther with the Classic reading higher.  Then yesterday on the fourth day I came home and the Trimentric was reading 71% and the Classic 98%.  By morning the Classic was 97 and the Trimentric at 64.  Now the batteries are charging and the Classic says 98, the Trimetric 70.  Net AH is -20 so theoretically 80% if the SOC meter was responding.    The WBJR is accurately reading the amps in or out and the net AH so it's just the SOC readout that is having problems.  I will reboot the Classic to see if I can get it working again.
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

There is new software and I think it's on the forum and on our web site somewhere.

Still working on stuff but it's making good progress.

I still need to keep the SOC% from flashing if the Auto-Restart is enabled to rest the Classic at midnight.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

I just installed the update Ryan posted yesterday in another thread:

http://www.fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarUpdate_1755_2-1-2014_v4.11.exe

And the latest Local App:

http://kb1uas.com/HighVoltage/LocalApp/LocalStatusPanel.v0.3.37.air

The latest of both as far as I know.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Wxboy

Thanks Tom.  I will do the updates. 

The WBJR is a very nice addition to the Classic and seeing SOC makes it even better. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank