Build 1760 2-10-2014

Started by boB, February 10, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

This one is especially for Zoneblue or anyone that had trouble with the Whizbang Junior amps
bouncing around too much.  There were a couple of things to improve.  I'm curious if this
helps.

http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarUpdate_1760_2-10-2014_v4.21.exe

It is mainly the Classic itself except for some VMM initialization numbers from the MNGP.

If you want to wait on updating the MNGP because it takes a bit longer than the Classic itself
to update, you can just run the VMM from the Classic jumpers behind the blue terminal
block.   Power it up and before one minute, install the two most left and most right
jumpers and the LEDs will flash when it is done.  Pull off the jumpers and re-power the
Classic and should do it.

The WB Jr. amps are filtered a bunch more now.  There may still be a wee bit of bounce
but it sure looks a lot better here.  Also, the Ending Amps were looking for the peak
and not the averaged amps.  I just set my Classic to end absorb at 1.1 amps and the
WB Jr. display was showing 0.9 amps and it worked like a champ.

The last version of code was also reading a wrong EEprom byte on initialization so
the averaging was not enabled when you'd think it was.

Sorry about all the updates.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

toothy

Thanks boB

The other day I was watching it go to float and it was jumping between 12.9A and 15.3A.

I figured out how to make it work much better, quit watching it and go get something done.

A nice steady progression will cause me less stress as the sun is headed over the mountain.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

SolarMusher

Quote from: toothy on February 10, 2014, 03:56:09 AM
Thanks boB

The other day I was watching it go to float and it was jumping between 12.9A and 15.3A.

I figured out how to make it work much better, quit watching it and go get something done.

A nice steady progression will cause me less stress as the sun is headed over the mountain.

Wade
Hi all,
About the same for me here, first end absorb with 1758 was fine but yesterday I had to increase WBjr EA above 1.5A (2A) to make it float and loc app live datas with Voltage needle were down until the Classic reached float. Once in Float, Batt V needle was fine but live datas were still down.
Thanks boB,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Tons001

Thanks Bob! I just finished loading 1760 to my Classic. I will let you know how it performs. I really appreciate the Midnite customer service.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

SolarMusher

boB, I don't know what are the changes you've made, but you've got it !!!
It is working nicely with no spikes within maybe .2 or .5A.
You're my idol  ;D!
Erik
PS: in fact, i'd say that it is performing better than the BMK !!!
My end current is around 8.2/8.4amps (830Ah capacity) so I set the WBjr to 8.6A and didn't believe it when I saw it going to float flawlessly.
Thanks x1000!
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Tons001

It was cruising along nicely. 1.5 kWh generated so far today and then for some reason the Classic restarted itself. Now I am showing 0 kHw / 0 Ah generated for the day. WBjr is also showing 0 net Ah. It would appear that the Classic completely rebooted itself.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

boB

Quote from: Tons001 on February 10, 2014, 01:18:34 PM
It was cruising along nicely. 1.5 kWh generated so far today and then for some reason the Classic restarted itself. Now I am showing 0 kHw / 0 Ah generated for the day. WBjr is also showing 0 net Ah. It would appear that the Classic completely rebooted itself.

Yep.  They do that.  Working on it too.

Glad to hear that Solar Musher's finding out that things are smoother.

Would like to also hear from others and Zone Blue.

Thanks  X 10^245  guys !
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

zoneblue

Been sleeping here on the under side! Will install now, should catch the absorb yet.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

boB

Thanks guys.  BUT, I have a strong feeling that this 1760 is going to be very short lived.

I would say wait another day if you have not already installed it because there will be
another version soon.  Almost guaranteed.

Sorry !  (again)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Tons001

Is there any reason we should go back to 1758 or just hang tight till the new one comes out?

boB

Nahhh... You should be fine with this 1760 version.

It most likely works better than the older stuff.  Just not nearly as good as it's going to work !

(he says, assuringey !)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

zoneblue

Well seen as you are about to knock off (maybe) heres what ive got, (still drawing 15amps in absorb), very bright but cloudy day.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100

zoneblue

And heres a yellow "load" curve. = Icc- Iwb.

zoneblue

And the float transition. More or less bang on EA 5amps! (edit: no that was most likley 1.5hrs max time reached, drat).

zoneblue

Last thing, before i forget. The reboot to install 1760 lost todays net Ah.  It was 203Ah before and after the reboot was reading  around 245Ah.

You probbaly know that!, but might well affect SOC.

...back to work :)