News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Status of KIDs

Started by Tobit, April 18, 2014, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobit

How are the KIDs coming along?  What will the possibility be of getting one in my hands before September?  It will be difficult to get to me if I pre-order and don't have it shipped to me before September.

I'm leaving in September to spend the winter and spring on my remote off-grid land.  I've been looking at various medium MPPT controllers and pleased with how the KID specifications sound.  This will be perfect for the small system I plan on installing on my shed I will be building this fall.

Thanks

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Tobit on April 18, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
How are the KIDs coming along?  What will the possibility be of getting one in my hands before September?  It will be difficult to get to me if I pre-order and don't have it shipped to me before September.

I'm leaving in September to spend the winter and spring on my remote off-grid land.  I've been looking at various medium MPPT controllers and pleased with how the KID specifications sound.  This will be perfect for the small system I plan on installing on my shed I will be building this fall.

Thanks

Try checking  here - and they have 5% off sale going on 4-19 to 4-22 with coupon code "earthday"
http://www.solar-electric.com/midnite-solar-kid-controller-accessories.html
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Tobit

Oh sweet Crazy, thanks.  I didn't realize dealers had them as MidNite's website says they are only taking pre-orders right now.  That is a great price.

Tobit

I'll have to contact MidNite directly it seems.  Arizona Wind and Sun has them on their website but you can't pre-order from them at this time, I sent them an email and they are not sure when the next batch will be available.

Halfcrazy

Yeah distributors may not have ordered enough in the beginning? I know AltE has a pallet of them there. Not sure what other distributors have been ordering large quantities though?

Just checked and AltE has 18 Black Kids in stock by the looks: http://www.altestore.com/store/Charge-Controllers/Solar-Charge-Controllers/MPPT-Solar-Charge-Controllers/Midnite-Solar-Charge-Controllers/Midnite-Solar-The-KID-30A-MPPT-Charge-Controller-150V-Black/p11138/
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

chris

System 1
12 volt system,
280 AH DIY LifePO4 with 200amp JBD BMS
4x200 Watt 36volt panels 4P
MidNite Kid, WBjr
2000 watt Kisae SW inverter

System 2
Off Grid RV (parked and used as a cabin)
12 volt system,
4 X T-105+
6X100 watt array wired as 3 strings
MidNite Kid, WBjr & MNBTS
1500 watt Cotek SW