Configuration Not in Inverter/E-Panel Matrix

Started by Top_Down, April 23, 2011, 05:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top_Down

I am going to be using a Magnum MS2812.  This inverter supports 120/240 when operating in pass through mode.  I will be using a 120/240 generator when I need to run a well pump and for some shop tools.

The inverter/E-panel matrix doesn't have an "x" at the intersection of the MS-2812 and MNE250STM-240-L or R but it seems this would be the configuration I would need.  Is this correct?

Halfcrazy

Well to handle 120/240 you would need that Epanel. I would caution about having 240vac loads in a panel fed with 120vac only as half the 240vac unit will have power to one leg of it while inverting. This would likely be ok for something like a table saw as it is straight 240 but something that uses the neutral and may have some weird stuff happen with 120 only going to it.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Top_Down

Thanks for the reply.  I  will have to keep a closer eye on my fingers when posting as they somehow slipped in the "and for some shop tools" ;D The 240 will only be used for a well pump and it is on a manual switch. Operating sequence is (1) start generator (2) turn on pump.

Robin

I believe the MS2812 reconfigures the AC outputs in parallel when inverting. This 120/240 set up in the Magnum inverters is designed for RV's. IT is not a good choice for off-grid because it is not a true 120/240 inverter. The Magnum PAE inverters are real off-grid 120/240 inverters.
Robin Gudgel

Top_Down

Robin,
Thanks for the reply.  I was called out of the country for a few months and didn't have very frequent internet access.   Now that I am back and ready to restart my solar installation I did some more research based on your comment and have decided to go with the MS4024-PAE.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.