kids who wants them

Started by morse, May 07, 2014, 08:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morse

hello
can i get some help  with deciding wether i want a kid
i have a midnite classic 150 for my wind turbine and a separate system with 2 mppt controllers non midnite for 500 watt solar .
the 2 systems don't communicate with each other
the battery bank  is 12 volt 500 amp.
when the battery bank is full the solar shuts off /switches to float
and the classic switches to dump load which is a  water heating element 1000 watt through my inverter
when the the battery bank voltage drops  below 13 volt the the dump load switches off,  the pv array  switches on again and the battery bank gets charged until it gets to
14.6 volt  and so on
question: can i improve my system/are there benefits from having a kid or second classic.????
thank for any help

dgd

Since you already have one Classic then having a second Classic to deal with the 500watts of PVs would be a significant upgrade.
Reasons being that you could sync the Classics with follow me and have a WBjr connected to one of the Classics and perhaps get some better management of your battery charging.
Reporting should significantly improve too, mymidnite and the local app would give you a nice graphical time reporting and the local app dashboard a monitoring display.
The KID does not have any of these facilities yet so would probably not offer any advantage to your current setup.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

morse

thanks for the reply
i might decide to get a second midnight

RossW

Quote from: morse on May 15, 2014, 04:35:42 AM
i might decide to get a second midnight

Won't that halve your life expectancy?
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80