battery monitor question

Started by mosolarfan, May 19, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mosolarfan

I installed the bcm (switched version) to a project box that houses the fuse holder and a momentary pushbutton switch.
my KID is set for absorb at 14.8 for 2 hours and reaches float on most days. the red led has never changed to yellow or green.
Is this because of the momentary switch? (flooded batteries, jumper removed)

TomW

It dpends how the switch is installed.  If it disconnects the  battery + or - it will never achieve a "full charge" since whenever status.

There is a spot on the circuit board that you power via a switch that just removes power from the LEDs when t is off so will NOT affect  the red green and yellow LEDs.

If that makes sense.

I will see if I can find that photo of how to do it..
Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

TomW

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

mosolarfan

red wire from battery + to fuse holder, switch wire at same connection, through switch to yellow switch wire of bcm, other side of fuse holder to bcm red wire black wire from bcm straight to battery -

my switch lead tie in is just on the other side of the breaker per the drawing.

TomW

Quote from: mosolarfan on May 19, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
red wire from battery + to fuse holder, switch wire at same connection, through switch to yellow switch wire of bcm, other side of fuse holder to bcm red wire black wire from bcm straight to battery -

my switch lead tie in is just on the other side of the breaker per the drawing.

It can take awhile for the MNBCM to see it has had a full charge. I have seen it happen in one day or several after being powered down doing rewiring / maintenance.

Just give it some time. If it doesn't eventually show it has been charged fully it may be a bad unit.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Westbranch

IIRC the red light means that the battery has not been charged fully for 2 weeks, so it should go to green after a couple of days of a full charge.

However, if the charger is not able to finish the charge the red led will stay on until the full charge is made.

See the little table of Full Charge voltages for each battery type on page 2 near the bottom.  That voltage must be reached for 1 hr to meet the criteria for a full charge...

What type of batteries do you have?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come