Beta Kid Firmware 1741 05-20-14

Started by Mario, May 21, 2014, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Here is the new code to test there is a new dusk + mode for the load
also fixes the battery reading of the display Status screens
going to resting in the middle of the day with full power

Highflyer

Thanks!!  I'll give it a try this weekend.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Mario

If anybody here has a unit with the LCD going Blank please try this code.
I believe dgd had onde of those units

Mario

Highflyer

Mario,
I did not load 1730 because of the problems other saw, but if you would like I'll try 1730 first to see how it does then I'll load 1741 and see if there is a change.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Mario

Highflyer,
don't bother with 1730. use 1741

chris

I did the update wile at the lake this weekend.....went with out a hitch.  But now the display seems a little glitchy (don't know if this is related or not) but seems to flickereverynow and then.

Also, I'm still getting the overload warning on the load status (nothing is hooked to this)
System 1
12 volt system,
280 AH DIY LifePO4 with 200amp JBD BMS
4x200 Watt 36volt panels 4P
MidNite Kid, WBjr
2000 watt Kisae SW inverter

System 2
Off Grid RV (parked and used as a cabin)
12 volt system,
4 X T-105+
6X100 watt array wired as 3 strings
MidNite Kid, WBjr & MNBTS
1500 watt Cotek SW

ClassicCrazy

Just did the 1741 update - will see tomorrow how it is working when the sun is up. I did notice that after I set up Whizbang Jr settings , I reset power and it went back to default . I just put them in again and hit the Save button . But I don't want to reset the power again to see if that holds them . I don't have a switch yet and have to pull a glass fuse near the battery - first time I did it might not have left it off long enough because when unit powered on again there were just a bunch of squares on the display . Guess it needs to be off more than a second to truly reset. I was happy to see life on it again .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Mario

Quote from: chris on May 25, 2014, 05:19:04 PM
  I did the update wile at the lake this weekend.....went with out a hitch.  But now the display seems a little glitchy (don't know if this is related or not) but seems to flickereverynow and then.

Also, I'm still getting the overload warning on the load status (nothing is hooked to this)

Chris, The overload on the load is a bug I just fixed thank you for your input.
when the load was OFF it would even display the msg!
This will be fixed in the next firmware rev.

Thanks,
Mario