News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Modpoll Timing

Started by Andreamedo, September 12, 2014, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreamedo

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum. I'm trying to monitor my inverter with a connection RS232-usb. I find the interesting command Modpoll to request usefull data by command prompt on Windows. I write all the options:

modpoll -a 1 -b 9600 -r 11 -c 33 -p none com5

but the response is "Reply time-out!"

What does it means? Why can't I read Data?

Thanks for answers.

atop8918

Are those the correct settings for your device?

You are specifying:
- a device address of 1
- 9600 baud rate
- no parity
- on com 5
- read registers starting from 11 to 44.

Is that what you want to do? The Classic, for example is address 10 by default and 19200 baud. The command you specified would timeout if you are trying to talk to a Classic out of the box, for example. It's registers also don't start until 4100.

Andreamedo

Where can I find my device address? The other settings should be correct. What do you mean with 'the Classic'?

atop8918

The Classic is the charge controller manufactured by MidNite Solar which is the company that provides this forum. I was just using it as an example of a device which would give a time-out error using your provided command line.

As for your device ID, you will have to look at the specifications for your device. If you post the make and model number, maybe someone here will be able to help.

Andreamedo

Thank you for the info. My inverter is Aros, model Sirio 125 HV. According to Drivers I found the document in this link:
http://www.meteocontrol.com/fileadmin/Downloads/Treiber/Treiber_IT/DB_Treiber_Aros_Riello__it.pdf

As for my device ID, I found inverter identity reading inverter manual. If this refers to address device, it was 0 but I'm just changed it into 1 from options of inverter.