Firmware 1761 For Beta Testers

Started by Mario, October 08, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

For all the Beta Testers please upload this new revision of code.

What's New:
-It has many bug fixes
-More Calibration adjustable Settings
-New Scroll Status only Displays Features turned on
-Status voltages now more stable
-Load Menu does not include the Input selection
-New About Kid menu under Tech, displays Bootloader and Firmware Versions
-This code features Smart night light on load terminal and AGS on the Aux terminal.

Uploading this Firmware will force a Factory reset, it was a must because there were major changes all the way to the core of the program.

Please Let me know of any issues or concerns or questions.

Mario

Vic

Mario!

Great news on the new FW,  with many important improvements.

Will try it in the next day or two.

The KID is a very,  very capable mid-sized MPPT CC with many important and useful functions.   A great value.  Thanks again !!   ( you DO know this).    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

caribou

Very cool!

I would like to know if in this version of firmware the serial port is working?  I would like to monitor the SOC trough the Raspberry Pi.  I already monitor temperature using the 1-wire temperature sensor and displaying data via the rrdtool.

Thank you for your work!

This is the present setup. Two solar pannel of 250W connected in parallel, 4 6v battery, 2 in serie and two in parallel. (464 ah)
I plan to rewire the cable to minimize the electro field, particulary between de battery and the inverter.

Mario

Serial port communications to the PC will be coming in the next revision of firmware, I modified some stuff of the serial but it is not ready yet.
I am working on it.

Mario

caribou

I just update the firmware and reenter the battery value for absorb, float and eq.  I was not able to enter the capacity of the battery.  I try in the battery menu and I did not found.

Thanks

Jean-François

Mario

The capacity for the Battery works only when you have a WBJR present.
Thus it is located in the AUX menu and is a Setup (Press SETUP button) for the WBJR.

Mario

caribou

Mario

Ok every one I will tell you how to Unleash your Kid... but its a secret.... go to the password and enable password, wait 5 sec and then press left then select 125 and press Enter, the bottom row will show "Kid Unleashed" then select 142 and press Enter, select no Password and press the SAVE button.

Now the kid will be able to do AGS on the WBJR terminal. Select Aux press UP and Select AGS, Press SETUP button to configure the parameters, the kid only provides 12v out 150mA max to the terminal, the need of a contactor may be necessary to turn the Gen.

Another function that will be unlocked is Smart night light on the Load, which basically turn on at dusk and stay on for user adjustable amount of hrs and then go off then turn back on before dawn for the amount of hrs set by the user.
Then Hourly load on, basically tell the load from what time to what time to stay On. Warning The kid does not have a RTC so it uses the solar panels to create an astronomical clock that gets recalibrated every midnight, it does not have DST, and it is an approximate time to the actual time zone.

Both the Smart night light and the Hourly need at least 4 days of functioning in that mode to work properly.

I would appreciate much, if some people can test these functions and let me know if they find problems.

Mario

thanasis

Quote from: Mario on October 08, 2014, 08:10:04 PM
Serial port communications to the PC will be coming in the next revision of firmware, I modified some stuff of the serial but it is not ready yet.
I am working on it.

Mario
Is there a serial port on the KID? I am only aware of the USB port
CamperVan application.
Single PV:275W.
Charge Controller: KID w/WBjr.
Battery: Lifeline 8D 255Ah.
Main load: 4A DC refrigerator.

TomW

Quote from: thanasis on October 13, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

USB IS a serial port.

Universal Serial Bus

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

thanasis

Quote from: TomW on October 13, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
Quote from: thanasis on October 13, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

USB IS a serial port.

Universal Serial Bus

Tom

LOL! USB is only 3 letters. Why not say USB instead of serial port. ;)

Plus for some of us old timers this is what a serial port looks like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port

CamperVan application.
Single PV:275W.
Charge Controller: KID w/WBjr.
Battery: Lifeline 8D 255Ah.
Main load: 4A DC refrigerator.

Mario

ok to answer the answer of the serial port, yes USB is a serial port but that will not be the way the kid will output data to the PC, it will use the Master Phone jack, and some kind of adapter to go to either the RX,TX,GND of a Raspberry pi or straight to a PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter.

Mario

onanparts

Real Cereal Port.....Got Milk? :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

ClassicCrazy

Just loaded up 1761 so far so good .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Bunkie314

Under the calibration menu, what is the prematching number mean?  I assume the min watts is output of the kid.  In bully mode the master can't see the WBJ, states the wire is disconnected. The Wimpy kid WBJ still works. 

What are the other aux functions LBD High and LBD low for? Could we have an example?  Can two different load functions be used in bully mode on each kid?

10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install