Adding wind generator to system

Started by asdex, October 28, 2014, 03:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdex

Hi, I'm looking at a second hand 1kw 24v wind generator. Can this be easily added to use with the Midnite controller controlling my 2kw solar panels? I plan to have a 24 volt 400AH battery bank. The wind generator comes with it's own regulator and dump load.
Thanks,
6 x JA Solar 320w solar panels facing NW, 4 x 300w panels facing North.
12 x 2volt Narada lead carbon batteries (24v 400ah), Classic and WBJr, Epever 50A controller, Outback FX2024 inverter and Mate, Trimetric monitor, Alibaba solar pump.

mike90045

two charging sources can be connected to a battery bank.    But you need quality controllers.  Most dump load controllers don't have nice programmable settings, so getting  it to play nice with the Midnight may be tough.   And they just let the turbine spin, and wear itself out (like a bike carrier on a car on the interstate, with the wheels spinning in the 70mph airstream). A controller that would do electronic breaking, instead of a high wattage dump load, gives you more life hours on the turbine.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

asdex

Hi, thanks for your answer. I may have to look into it a bit more. I checked your pictures on your Facebook site and see we have been to Willits on our USA roadtrip. Also watched those gunfights in Oatman.
Cheers,
6 x JA Solar 320w solar panels facing NW, 4 x 300w panels facing North.
12 x 2volt Narada lead carbon batteries (24v 400ah), Classic and WBJr, Epever 50A controller, Outback FX2024 inverter and Mate, Trimetric monitor, Alibaba solar pump.