Zakarume

Spec on Panel   (Total of 4 panels) These are 24v Panels

Voltage Maximum Power   31.15V
Current Maximum Power   8.19A
Voltage Open Circuit   38.29V
Current Short Circuit   8.72A

Would it be best to run 2 in series and then 2 parallel     OR
All 4 in Parallel

Using Midnite Kid MPPT CC. In my Opinion it looks like 2 in series and then 2 parallel would be best.   
960 watts in Series & Parellel (24v) , Midnite Kid Charge Controller , 600 Watt 24v Inverter , 8 x 6volt T-105 Trojan Batteries in Series for 24v @ 450 AH. 500 Watt Wind Turbine @24V

Mtn Don

Assuming the battery bank is 24 VDC, and assuming the PV and CC is close to the batteries, then I would do series / parallel.

All in parallel would be more than the 30 amp Kid's maximum. So there would be waste at times and you'd be pushing the design limit/capabilities too often. IMO.
Northern NM, 624 watts PV, Kid CC, 24 volt GC-2 battery bank, VFX 3524M inverter/charger

Robin

38V VOC panels are not a good match for a 24V battery bank unless you are located in the Antarctic. In summer time, the max power voltage can drop so low that you can't get a full charge. It would be ok for a 12V battery, but you will max the controller out. That doesn't cause any problems though.
Robin Gudgel

lasolargroup

Quote from: Zakarume on November 28, 2014, 06:17:05 AM
Spec on Panel   (Total of 4 panels) These are 24v Panels

Voltage Maximum Power   31.15V
Current Maximum Power   8.19A
Voltage Open Circuit   38.29V
Current Short Circuit   8.72A

Would it be best to run 2 in series and then 2 parallel     OR
All 4 in Parallel

Using Midnite Kid MPPT CC. In my Opinion it looks like 2 in series and then 2 parallel would be best.   

Hi

I strongly feel this is very useful and informative forum for  us. i personally like all of the post and really useful ... keep it up