wind turbine stop switch

Started by mahendra, December 17, 2014, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

clarification question ?
with reference to turbine + turbine-   
battery + and battery -
What is connected to what in these modes: stop      and run .
I came across an article which states the turbine positive is connected to ground when in stop mode/breaking i.e with electronic braking /stop.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Robin

Turbine plus is connected to turbine minus when in stop position. This shorts out the turbine forcing it to stop. Ground may or may not be involved. If the turbine minus was grounded, then in stop position, you would be shorting turbine plus to ground and to turbine minus.
You must disconnect the turbine from battery before shorting the turbine or bad things happen.
Robin Gudgel

TomW

Quote from: Robin on December 17, 2014, 11:29:39 PM
You must disconnect the turbine from battery before shorting the turbine or bad things happen.

And it happens vigorously and quite quickly in my experience and quite large cabling can disappear in a cloud of vapor in a millisecond.
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies