News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

WBJR - Local App - SOC

Started by Bob D, December 21, 2014, 08:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

I have noticed that the AH remaining and the Net AH showing in the WBjr window of the local app consistently total 100 AH less than the battery capacity.
I have a 790 AH battery; net AH = -164 and AH remaining is 526.
I have the battery capacity temperature compensation set to 0.
I don't have winter access to the installation and so cannot look at the Classic itself.
The Net AH correlates closely with data from my Magnum inverter.

I have set the battery capacity to different values through Local App and find that the 100AH offset occurs at those changes settings.
The firmware is 1849; I last performed a factory reset a couple of months ago.

This isn't a particularly critical point, but any thoughts will be appreciated.

Classic 150, Magnum 4024, 12-215W panels, 12-85-13 forktruck battery

zoneblue

Net amp hours is kind of a working tally that the classic uses to calculate SOC. It can get out of sync, as part of its nature. (Its raw amp hours nothing temp compensated etc.) There is a setting to reset net amp hours at float, that will help keep it closer to reality, however i suggest you rely on the SOC figure instead. It has all the ncessary adjustments.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Bob D

Yeah, I understand the imprecise nature of the net AH, but I am a bit mystified about the 100AH discrepancy.
It would seem to me that the AH remaining is just the input capacity of the battery less the Net AH.
I do see that the SOC % correlates with the battery capacity and the remaining AH: perhaps that indicates that the simple arithmetic, above, is not how things are calculated.
Classic 150, Magnum 4024, 12-215W panels, 12-85-13 forktruck battery

Vic

Hi Bob D,

As zoneblue noted,  the AH Capacity remaining should reset when the Classic makes its normal transition to Float.   Believe that this function is defaulted to Enabled.

BUT,  if it is Winter at the site,  this transition may not occur,  and as zb did note,  the battery AH remaining and deficit/surplus AH values can/will drift every day that there is some charge or discharge,  until again reset by the normal transition to Float.

It appears that if one Forces a Float,  the AH values are not reset.

Do not run the App,  so do not know its ins and outs.

Did the WBjr behave as you would expect earlier in the year,  when there may have been more sun,  or when you had access to the physical Classic?

Just some guesses.   FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

That's interesting...  I would expect the net amp-hours to be higher than the capacity, not lower.

When the amp-hours charging back into the battery reaches the amp-hour capacity setting
and to 100%, the NET amp-hours and +amp-hours should continue to count up after that
but the remaining Amp-Hours will stop counting up when it hits the capacity setting...   Except if the
temperature was high, but you have that set to 0% so that shouldn't confuse any of this.

Also, the NET amp-hours and +amp-hours (lifetime/total) do not take amp-hour efficiency
into account.  These are reasons why I would expect the bet amp-hours to be larger and
not smaller.

The answer may become obvious ?  Right now I can't think of why.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me