Buss Bars

Started by rickman, June 02, 2011, 07:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickman

Hi,
I'm looking for buss bars to connect my two banks of batteries to. 400AH each bank, biggest draw off inverter is a refrigerator. I saw Midnite solar's Big Buss Bar with breaker. Could that breaker be big enough to use as a battery to inverter breaker?
Thanks,
Rick

Robin

Sorry, but we need more information in order to answer your question. We have about 80 different breaker sizes large enough to power your fridge. What is the current draw and voltage of your fridge? What box do you plan on putting the breakers in. Is this a DC fridge? You mentioned 400 AH each bank. That doesn't tell us a lot either. Can you be more specific and then we can help you.
Robin Gudgel

rickman

I have 8 530 Surrettes. Two banks 24 Volts. 24 Volt, 2500 watt inverter. AC fridge that draws about 1KW a day. I want to connect each battery bank to a buss bar, then to the inverter. I couldn't quite understand from the description whether the breaker came with the Big buss bar. I can see now that I would order a 250 amp breaker that connects to the buss bar. All I have right now is a fuse between batteries and the inverter. No enclosure at all. I was looking at the mini disconnect before I decided I wanted to use the buss bar.... Probably the cleanest way would be to bring the two battery banks to the buss bar, then into the mini disconnect?
Thanks,
Rick