new KID beta firmware 1786+

Started by xsnrg, April 03, 2015, 06:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsnrg

Hi folks,

I am starting a new thread with Mario's permission, about a new beta version of the KID firmware.  For those that read the previous beta thread, you might recall that I was having some issues with incidental light and overcast conditions.  I am happy to report that after a week of testing beta 1786, the problem has not manifested itself again.  It seems Mario has squashed it.  My KID is now producing more power in low light conditions than ever before.  I won't steal all his thunder though, as there are some other neat things he has in store as well. 

The post says + because there was at least one more fix that will likely increase the build number.  Expect more in the coming weeks.

Jim

3x 250w Renogy RNG-250D
1x MidNite KID w/WBjr and MNBTS
1x 12v 100Ah el cheapo deep cycle
1x 300w PST-300-12 Samlex pure sine
http://www.howardweb.org/weather/solar/index.html

ClassicCrazy

Not available for download  yet ?
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Bunkie314

One thing I noted on 1761 is the % change temp compensation on the WBJR setup would be lost (goes back to 0) on a power cycle. Hopefully Mario caught that one as well. Waiting eagerly for a link to update. 8)
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install

Mario

The latest Pre-Beta firmware is not yet available for all beta testers, it will be there soon really soon, I am still making minor changes and waiting for bugs to appear.
I will make sure the % gets saved on this next rev as well.

Thank you for all the Help,

keeping track of these bugs to get fixed might be a good idea, maybe a new tread?
Known bug list or bugs to be squashed

Mario