Big baby box modification

Started by dapdan, June 07, 2011, 08:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapdan

This is for Midnite,

I am requesting that the mounting holes in the big baby box are raised similar to how those are raised in the epanels for in the shunt location so that a bus bar can be install with the standard machince screw that the bus bar come with. I have included some pic of a recent install at my home to show what I am refering to.

Cheers...
Damani

[attachment deleted by admin]

Robin

The MNSBB busbars are supposed to come with two 5/16" and two 3/8" screws. When there are no upward dimples, you need to use the 3/8" screws. The sheet metal punching process allows our special forming dies to go in one direction only. We chose to put mounting feet on these boxes. They point to the outside of the box, therefore we cannot also put them pointing inward for the busbars. That is why we include two different screw lengths. Maybe we forgot the long screws? Maybe you didn't notice that there were two different lengths? We just received ETL approval on the Big Baby and Quad box by the way.
Robin Gudgel

dapdan

Robin,

Everything you said makes sense. I guess you Engineers thought of everything. I will look for those longer screws.

Cheers...
Damani