No power coming from load connections

Started by scott s, June 09, 2015, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott s

In order to minimize the length of my wire runs, I decided to try running some things off of the load circuit on my KID instead of going directly off the batteries.  I hooked everything up properly, then went to the load menu -> battery -> manual ON, and hit SAVE.  The clipper LED comes on, but there is no voltage across the load terminals on the KID.  When I go to the status menu and look at the load it fluctuates between zero and very small negative numbers.  Unsurprisingly, nothing I hook up to the load circuit actually receives power.

I updated the firmware to the latest version and tried again, but still no results.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Scott

mike90045

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

scott s

The Clipper isn't on--I don't even have one.  According to the manual, it appears that the CLP LED is also used to indicate that the load circuit is enabled.

Halfcrazy

Did you install the load fuse? UL makes us leave that fuse out.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

scott s

Well, looks like I earned my newby status.  That was it, Ryan.  Thanks for the help!

-Scott

boomadge

Don't think your the only one , it got me for a few minutes.
1KW PV, Midnite MNPV6 combiner,The Kid,MNBTS,Whizbang Jr,NBCM meter,Cotek ST1500 PSW Inverter,4x 6V flooded deka(215Ah),IOTA DLS-27-40/IQ4,2000 watt genie backup(24 volt setup).