Challenges reporting to Mymidnite.com

Started by Vern Faulkner, July 16, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern Faulkner

Hey folks ... I've got an issue that I can't solve with my Classic 150. It's not reporting on a consistent basis to mymidnite.com.

I have had the Classic 150 reporting to mymidnite.com for - egad, years. Early June, The Lady and I moved off-grid for good. Currently living in a fifth wheel (6 modules feeding into a pair of 6v trojan l16-e batteries for the moment) as we do some on-site building.

About two weeks ago, the Classic stopped reporting to mymidnite.com, and now seems quite intermittent. I cannot find a logic to the intermittent reporting.

Factors: We have satellite Internet. It runs off an inverter... and isn't on all the time. In that light, we are essentially rebooting the router at least once a day. This wasn't a problem until recently.
I have checked the cable connections. That doesn't seem an issue, but tonight, I removed the old Cat 5 cable and installed a new one.
No Classic settings have changed in the last ... year and change, essentially.
It seems like turning the web status in the Classic off, then on, again, causes the thing to connect ... for a brief while, before it goes kaka again.

Thoughts?

Westbranch

Vern, does the Classic to MyMidnite have the same STATIC/Dynamic issue that the Local App has?   just thinking out loud...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Westbranch on July 16, 2015, 06:55:14 PM
Vern, does the Classic to MyMidnite have the same STATIC/Dynamic issue that the Local App has?   just thinking out loud...

Haven't used the local app since we moved ... don't think that's a factor.

Halfcrazy

I wonder if it has to do with the on and off of the modem. Of course it will not report when the modem is off but it should reconnect whent he modem is cycled on.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 17, 2015, 03:49:36 PM
I wonder if it has to do with the on and off of the modem. Of course it will not report when the modem is off but it should reconnect whent he modem is cycled on.

I wonder the same too, and am pondering a static IP to see what happens. Yet there are odd things going on. Today, for example, we pulled in 1.6kw/hr of energy. It ONLY reported that when I powered up the browser to see, if, in fact, it had reported. Yet yesterday, it reported energy in its usual blocks. They day before, it didn't.