Resetting internet connection

Started by Wjginn, September 03, 2015, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wjginn

Since I've got my midnight operating last week twice Ive had to reboot the system to get my classic to get it to start communicating to my router. This is a remote location and I'm not present for months at a time. Is there a way to periodically reboot the classic so it starts sending data again if it goes off line when I'm not available?

atop8918

Yes, make sure to enable the A-RST feature under the TWEAKS menu on the MNGP (Config->Tech->Features menu on the Local App). This resets the Classic at midnight which should clear out any accumulated network errors.

Papa_C

Glad I was able to find this post as I have been having the same issue. I have made the change in tweaks as described and will see how it goes.    :D

Update: After making the changes I no longer have to periodically reset the classic to get it to communicate with my network.

CharliVN

This is going to help, last weekend I have run out to the garage reboot the classis 200 one on Sat and one on Sunday, I keep refresh the midnite2 software, nothing update on the graph, then I tried the android app, I got no connection, after that I figure the classic not communicate, power down, wait for a minute or two power up, thing goes again till late on Sunday, samething happen, did a reboot, thing ran good till now, I will add this feature in the classic MNPG control to get it done automatic.

Resthome

Sure seems we are hearing about the same old network disconnect issues. So did the new network changes really make things better, worse, or no change from previous versions?

Assuming these posters are on the latest firmware if they are getting to MM2.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

Resthome
What I am seeing (And I think this is the same for everyone) is that WebAccess is Enabled. This IS the trigger. Something on My MidNite 2 is causing a bad packet to corrupt the classic and then if you watch it on wire shark the classic is all out of sync with MM and can not get recovered. I have disabled WebAccess and all is well and the Classic is rock solid. So at this time I blame the new My MidNite
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Westbranch

Ryan, I believe I had web access enabled on the unit that will be RMA'd as soon as I get out to the cabin....just back last night from a week in Iceland and I have to get caught up on things then head west...

I will check on the settings before re and re-ing the current Classic...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 27, 2016, 06:35:46 AM
Resthome
What I am seeing (And I think this is the same for everyone) is that WebAccess is Enabled. This IS the trigger. Something on My MidNite 2 is causing a bad packet to corrupt the classic and then if you watch it on wire shark the classic is all out of sync with MM and can not get recovered. I have disabled WebAccess and all is well and the Classic is rock solid. So at this time I blame the new My MidNite

Good to know, Thanks Ryan.

I'll have to check that setting, but I normally disable it because I don't have Internet access when I am not there. I think it is Enable by default so a firmware upgrade and VMM would probably set it back to Enable.

WB

Did you ever get a connection with the new unit?

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Westbranch

Hi John, not with the unit I did  board replacement on... 

I have a new unit sitting here waiting for me to drive it out west and dismantle my Epanel... to mount the new unit... #29032.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Syonyk

The guys on #otherpower IRC suggested that I set mine to a static IP instead of DHCP.

I don't have Web Access enabled - I'm just querying via newmodbus for now.  However, I was seeing disconnects on firmware 2076, and between 2096 and the static IP configuration, it's been fine for the better part of a week now.

Rebooting nightly is also an easy enough hack, though feels wrong... but if it works...