Midnite Classic 150 + Conext XW+ 6848 combination

Started by Agil, October 27, 2015, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agil

I'm considering installing a PV hybrid (Grid-tied + backup power for self consumption) system and I'm being offered a system with 30 Simax SP660-250 with 2 Classic 150 and a Conext XW+ 6848 with Gel batteries (460 Ah @ 48 V) and being new to this I would like to know of any incompatibilities or problems with this setup / combination (besides the communication incompatibility issue with the Classics and the XW+, that to my scarce knowledge does not affect the operation or output of the system, but only difficult the monitoring).

As well as any experience with these PV modules.

Your help/feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Agil

mike90045

I have the older Xantrex XW6048 and a Classic 200  The only bad thing that happens is the batteries go low at night ::)

Each is on a different port on my wireless router.  The Classic connects directly, the XW via a Schneider Conext Combox.

You WILL need the Conext Combox to set the voltage points for sell/charge/idle
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Agil

Halfcrazy

I have a pair of XW+'s (one XW reflashed as an XW+) with 14,000 watts of PV on 4 separate Classics and it does everything it is supposed to. The best I can tell all you really gain with Schneider controllers is programming from the SCP or ComBox but with the Local App that is a non issue.

We do have the Schneider protocol and we are actively looking for an engineer that wants to subcontract and write the code to make the classic talk to the xanbus.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time