Solar Power Conversion Carbon Footprint

Started by Ox, December 07, 2015, 07:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powerplay

Here is a bit of lite reading for you all about Svensmark, a Danish researcher.

An Article that cites Svensmark :

if you want to jump to the conclusion and then reread the whole article it may be a bit clearer as the rise in CME's , suns spots ,  leads to fewer cosmic rays getting to earth resulting in less low level clouds, which is due to stronger magnetic field, larger auroras, stronger solar winds, etc....  this discovery is a bit counter intuitive...

And an article on ocean s and CO2

One correlation I noticed, was the medieval 'little ice age' correlates a bit (close enough for this topic) with the last wave a great plagues to sweep Europe.  So to continue with the tradition of weak logic both pro and anti in this field, I'm forced to conclude Europeans are responsible for global warming.  Since when they died off in the plague, it caused global cooling.   ;D

The last article cited,titled - ocean s and CO2, seriously, in my opinion was a total hack job.

The CME effect, which I've been observing informally for a while is transitory.  Kind of like drinking coffee raises the blood pressure but doesn't cause hypertension.
41 degrees N, 255 Ah 48V AGM, MagnaSine 4448 Inv, 3500W PV, Midnite Classic 150 A (12/6/15), Midnite Classic 150 B (4/14/16), WBjr, BTS, MNPV6 X 2, SPD X 2, Apps: Mini Split AC, Car Charger, Water pumps, Lighting, -> 48V string plan 500W, 94.5VmP, 112.5VoC, -15C - 40C TCVoC -.3%, TCIsC +.04%

TomW

PowerPlay;

Trying to understand your use of different colored text?

We have a "quote" tag for quoting sources and the colors just seem harder to read at least for my old eyes.

Tom.

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Powerplay

QuoteTrying to understand your use of different colored text?

We have a "quote" tag for quoting sources and the colors just seem harder to read at least for my old eyes.

Tom.

Thank you.  Did that do the trick?  I'm still getting used to the non-threaded style.  I wouldn't want you to miss my logic about how the bubonic plague prevented global warming during the 'Little Ice Age'.   ::)   
41 degrees N, 255 Ah 48V AGM, MagnaSine 4448 Inv, 3500W PV, Midnite Classic 150 A (12/6/15), Midnite Classic 150 B (4/14/16), WBjr, BTS, MNPV6 X 2, SPD X 2, Apps: Mini Split AC, Car Charger, Water pumps, Lighting, -> 48V string plan 500W, 94.5VmP, 112.5VoC, -15C - 40C TCVoC -.3%, TCIsC +.04%

russ_drinkwater

If all the polar ice melts and most glaciers do the same I wonder if the increased volume of available water will increase or decrease the amount and frequency of storms around the planet?
We could could do with less beach houses in Australia and more rain events!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters