Scaling in the Local App

Started by cabinrob, December 08, 2015, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabinrob

Here is a request for a small change to the display of the Local App:
The right-most dial is: Battery Amps.
I have a Classic 200 - so the max output is 79 amps - and hence the App shows a max scale of 79.
The quarter scale tics work out to be 19.75, 39.5, and 59.25
This seems sort of silly.  Having decimal places on the amperages is meaningless and just serves to visually confuse the dial.
How about setting the max value on the dial to 80 amps and then everything else will scale properly.
The digital read-out is there for looking at more exact values.
This paradigm is obviously applied to the other dials, so why not to the Battery Amps.

Thanks,
rob

dgd

Quote from: cabinrob on December 08, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
Here is a request for a small change to the display of the Local App:
This seems sort of silly.  Having decimal places on the amperages is meaningless and just serves to visually confuse the dial.
How about setting the max value on the dial to 80 amps and then everything else will scale properly.

Similar requests have been made almost since the local app was first released.
What look like common sense and simple change requests have always been ignored, so much so I am now of the opinion they are impossible to configure in the meter software.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

atop8918

What look like simple features from outside are sometimes very difficult to complete.

Please do not say we ignore requests, DGD, most of your requests on MyMidNite and those requests of other folks were implemented. To say otherwise is very disingenuous of you. We have always added feature requests when possible and have usually given reasons when we cannot.

I don't think we will be able to do any more changes to the Local Application, though I agree the meter scaling is pretty dumb. I did a percentage equation in the code to try to automatically adjust the dials depending on the battery voltage, however not all voltages line up nicely which is one of the reasons we also added the digital voltage meter at the bottom (which was a user request). If I get a chance I will definitely see if I can tweak that code though.

dgd

Andrew,

Sorry, bad wording on my part, certainly no offence intended, replace ignored with never implemented when referring to the LA gauge ranges and tick point descriptors.
dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand