News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

whiz bang jr

Started by russ_drinkwater, January 30, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Checked that and postage was $63 US so it is getting worse, lol.
Thanks for the link though.
I will have to go with the robbers here in Australia as it will work out the cheapest for me.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Quote from: Vic on February 01, 2016, 02:26:15 PM
Beginning about June,  2015  the standard Classics no longer included the WBjr,  IIRC.

Vic
I thought they sent a card in the classic box that said , mail this IN and we will send one .
Maybe they have dropped that , But I made sure I got the WBjr with all of my units Plus.
So before 2015/06 the WBjr was included / but Oz's pulled them ?
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

russ_drinkwater

Sorry but none of that is making feel any better, sigh  :(
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

russ_drinkwater

No shunt with whiz bang. I should be able to mill/drill one up. Anyone have the specs on it including dimensions?
Will wait for it to turn up hopefully monday or tuesday.

CDN-VT

WBjr & a 500amp  shunt are sold (for me ) were separate .
I got a few on flee-bay & NAWS for the first one.

http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=101&productCatName=Accessories%20&productCat_ID=5&sortOrder=9&act=pc

http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=519&productCatName=Software&productCat_ID=5&sortOrder=1&act=p

You do know that they are sold separately & they are (shunt)  made & calibrated to a 50mv factor .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

russ_drinkwater

No and no, but I do now! I will have to look around for a shunt.

Westbranch

look for a DELTEC SHUNT 50/500...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

russ_drinkwater

Good god the shunt and the follow me phone  connector cost me as much as the whizbang jnr. :(
That is it I am spent out for the month, lol.

russ_drinkwater

Whizbang Jr arrived yesterday in the mail and am now just waiting for the shunt to arrive.

russ_drinkwater

Finally got around to hooking the whiz bang jnr up and doing the changes/parameters as per the instruction manual.
All seems to be working correctly and I have the blink from the WB.
Coupled with the extra 4  trojan L16's there is very little voltage drop overnight now.
Hopefully I will have the cash for 4 more trojans and that is the full extent of my battery bank, sigh.
Cashed out :-[
1300 amp hours at 24 volts will do the job for most of our requirements.
Just need the cooler weather and I will have the last of the panels up and the 2nd classic firing as well.
100amps maximum charging for the bank. A bit lower than recommended, but far more than what we can draw off the system anyways.
I may have to upgrade the 100amp circuit breaker at the battery bank because it limits the amount of current the inverter can draw.
Any suggestions about what else I need to do in regard to the WB connection other than what is in the instruction sheets?

Jacotenente

FWIW - I had a spare one and was going to send it a Youtube friend in Canada. Postage from Oklahoma to Ontario was almost $60 USD. He declined before I sent it out anyways. In the meantime, glad I had the spare...it is installed now and working great. Dunno if the old one is bad but I have it.

CDN-VT

There is a political war between Canada & USA for the common folk . They make many BS rules , just so TAXES are paid , Brokerage is rude to the point of WHY ?? The only free trade is IF you make it happen & know the workings of the system .
Jacotenente , if you need a hand I can help . Im in USA every 2 months just down to Arlington (sister & I fill up the fodder) .
If it is just for a friend & not commercial , I'll always help.

You were going to send him a spare shunt ?
Let me know
VT

russ_drinkwater

The government here will be charging GST on ebay sales from the 3/6/2016. Local and imported goods.
That will kill off a lot of sales and place further financial strains on many people here who really so much on the small amount of income from online selling. All govs are trying their best to kill off every economy on the planet!
My family will be eating home grown veges, beef, pork and lamb for the rest of their lives , lol!
We are supposed to have free trade agreements, but everything is twisted to suit agendas.
So I will have to have another midnite reg before end of financial year.

tecnodave

It as that bad and worse here.....I did a service call for a friend who owns a building which houses a beauty parlor,  I changed the flexible water line on the water heater and the local building authority barged in and cited me for not having a remodeling permit!  They are demanding $400.00 in penalty and another $250.00 for the permit.....the flex line was $19.00 for 2 at Home Depot and my short service call is $65.00......now what is wrong with this picture......no really the worst leeches work for the government.

I make lots of money doing power upgrades with no permit. Yes it is illegal but safety is out of reach for many people due to government intervention, before we can let you do that , you must do this oh and this and this!   I cut live utility feed lines, dummy up the smart meter so it doesn't know what I am doing, swap out the whole electrical panel, and rebuild with quality components to 2014 NEC and 2009 CEC , our current code sets for California , I never skimp on safety issues, make it look like it never happened, and get  "Ollie North Syndrome" I use genuine utility crimps and tools from the utility co so they cannot tell my work from theirs.....oh yeah by invoice says "repair  electricity as needed!  I like to get paid in Ben Franks!.......my customers include a mayor, police chief, police officers,etc and more than  one building inspector!  Wowee what does that tell you! The people in the government won't even abide by the government over regulation.

Ok rant over

td

U.S. Slang:  ben's or Ben Franks = US $100.00 bill.  Benjamin Franklin's face appears on the bill
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P