News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

whiz bang jr

Started by russ_drinkwater, January 30, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

Good Post TD
I agree with the leeches bit , there crawling out not more that's money getting tighter.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

tecnodave

VT,

it's really government sick here, California has 58 counties, I live in Santa Cruz County, were are one of the smallest counties but we have the second largest building department in the state topped only by Los Angeles County. Our building department is 5 times the size of Santa Clara County, next door (San Jose and Silicon Valley) but they are 10 times our size with many times our population. The government runs on taxes and fees so bad that to build a new house where one had existed since 1920 is over $70,000.00 in fees and assessments , not a new property, just a new house

I'm fed up with it, I will be leaving the lower 48 soon , don't know where I'll go but I have looked at AU and NZ for years now

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

russ_drinkwater

Hey Dave, those posts were really human! Makes me feel closer to you fellas. lol! There is discontent everyway as the parasites suck out and
destroy every growth point they can. I gave up my australian business number (doing gst returns), paid out my overdraft, do not lodge tax returns (no need to as wife and I make under $40,000 a year between us), no accounts fees etc and saved myself $40,000 a year plus no
agro! If you do come to aus, do not buy a city or town block! Get something out in a rural area with a stable rainfall and 100 acres of country. No need for building plans and other bullshite. We have never submitted a building plan for anything here as once you rural and 100 meters from your boundary you are not legally bound to, but they will tell you that you are. The amount of insane micro medalling laws increases every day in most countries. We are drowning in red tape and another reason I love solar as it gives me a buzz (lol) and a feeling of freedom as no-one can control the sun and our ability to get something "free" from its presence!
All welcome in aus if you get through the red tape!
Oh, and rural rates etc are very cheap over here. We pay $3,800 a year on 6,600 acres to local gov.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

tecnodave

Yeah Russ, 

I hear you loud and clear........I am so annoyed with the government.......

there is no government like no government

There I have said it.........that makes me an anarchist?.......

I live in the small motorhome due to California laws......it's a state registered motor vehicle......the county has absolutely no authority over a state licensed motor vehicle........I have a rack 10' X 26' mounted on top with 4kw up there...........no permit required.......to get plain old utility connected I need to spend over $100,000.00 to connect to the utility only 250 feet away......it's not legal to get utility but my tiny house plugs into the motorhome for power.......that is not regulated....
The motorhome is an 454 carbureted gas hog which does not go down the road, it is only used as a portable power plant.....it is roadworthy but I don't own Standard Oil!

I did a solar job for a local wine grape grower, the county would not give us a permit for a ground mount in 12 acres if grape vines........so I bought a 40' trailer(think tractor/trailer).....put California permanent license plates on it, mounted all the panels on the trailer, equipment inside, and "plug" the water pump into the trailer......walla....no permit.......that inspector jumped up and down and swore at me but there was not squat he could do!

I loophole the law to be in their face!    We have had a long running battle in California since the '30's about just which government division has authority over mobile housing units. More than 500 cities, towns, counties are battling state housing authority and dept of motor vehicles as to who can collect the user fees......more than 8 BILLION DOLLARS have been spent on this.    Ridiculous.  Reasonable attorneys won't touch it.

I don't bother with licensing anymore......the real inspectors are looking for real knowledge and always pass my work......yeah the law says you must be a licensed contractor.....I'm not and will not be!

This world has got to change.......it's about the people.....all of us.....not those few who are so unskilled that they must suck the government tit.....(employee who does not contribute to GNP)

dave
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water

dgd

Quote from: tecnodave on May 08, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
I'm fed up with it, I will be leaving the lower 48 soon , don't know where I'll go but I have looked at AU and NZ for years now

td

You would be surprised how quickly OZ and NZ are discovering national and local govt taxation opportunities. Here is Auckland NZ the fees to new build a home can be over $100k  (for a  $500k to $700k build).
But the good news is still no capital gains taxes and negligible interference in RE installations.
GT systems are now paying higher power prices to offset power company reduced earnings.
No taxes or fees to anyone for OG system although local govt have indicated this may change if OG becomes more popular - after all its not fair some people should get free ongoing power despite the up front capital cost  :o

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

russ_drinkwater

Thanks for the replies. Off topic we know, but it shows me that we are all not that far apart in thinking and had a gutful attitude.
We invested approx $30,000 here a long time ago before I had any real knowledge about grid tie solar and installations.
For that we get free power for 3 families and a bonus of $2,500 to $3,000 every christmas.
Oh yeah people get cranky with us and carry on because their power costs are higher than before and rising. But in all fairness they all had the opportunity to invest money into gridtie instead of having sit in the bank on 1.5 % interest rate before tax!
The return we get on our "investment" is $6,000 a year in free power and a $2,500 cash bonus as well. So $8,500 yearly return on $30,000
investment to me is a good return. 6 years down the track out solar really owes us nothing and still fires up every day after sunrise.
I know they will eventually try to reduce the benefit we get from it. And that is why I aim converting as much as I can to standalone as well.
2 edged knife, reduces what we use from our gridtie and also gives us backup power for emergency as we only need a bird to crap on the lines here and we are without power.
DGD I have considered buying a house in NZ, what does a small rural dwelling cost? Nothing fancy of course, lol.
I much prefer NZ and USA gun laws to ours!
And what are the tax rates like over there?
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

TomW

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on May 11, 2016, 04:47:06 PM

Gun laws? We don't need no steenking gun laws!  :o

I do support gun control as it helps me hit my target if I control them.

Sorry, its an American thing I guess?. ::)
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

CDN-VT

Quote from: TomW on May 11, 2016, 06:20:04 PM
Quote from: russ_drinkwater on May 11, 2016, 04:47:06 PM

Gun laws? We don't need no steenking gun laws!  :o

I do support gun control as it helps me hit my target if I control them.

Sorry, its an American thing I guess?. ::)

Naw I got it ..

Seems were all in the SAME BS .
Im totally with ya Dave on "those who are so unskilled that they must suck the government tit.."

Canada is NO better , same stuff ya-all posted.
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

tecnodave

VT,

Well it seems we are not alone,  the government suck here is outta control.....absolutely no way a one person shop can make it with all the laws.   My tack is a bit different, I don't tell the government a damn thing......they turn around and use it against you.  I'm 69 been working since I was wee, I get no Social Security, Medicare, nada, nothing from the govt, yet if I play by their rules my total tax , (includes all fees paid to any govt agency) is over 75% of my earnings. .......Well I went to the welfare agency and took 100 applications for welfare.....every time a government agency wants a fee from me I fill out  a welfare application in their name and submit it to the county welfare agency!  Ho boy.. ..that created a firestorm! They take a whack at me , I whack back... But worse...I get them fighting amongst themselves, baiting them.......at one point I had 4 agencies warring....I just stood back and threw fuel into the fire.....took 38 months for the dust to settle....I'm sort of hands off now!......they don't want the headache of dealing with me when they try......easier targets out there.  The underground economy is so big here that the infernal revenue service won't go after you if they can't get $60,000 out of you!   

Gotta end sometime

Dave

russ_drinkwater

You all speak the truth! That is why I need more batteries lol!
Too many people going along with the crap that is being dished out to us.
My dad terrorised the wankers in the social security offices and became a nogo person, lol.
Paid tax from 16 years old and was retired because of his age. So they had to give him a pension (part anyways).
We are always being screwed over and I feel that we may soon see a large disruption to government the ways things are going in most countries.

tecnodave

Yes, I understand.....that is one part of my being off grid....I am so tired of the suckers in govt jobs,
Just let me be........yes I am guaranteed social security but they want to tax me again on tools that I have had for years and everything, jeez I don't make $100,000 a year!  They want me to disclose everything so they can take it all in taxes......no way I am playing. I am looking for a corner of the earth where it is not so bad, I had high hopes for AU and NZ to stay out of this mess, but I guess that's gone now.

O well I know what is right, I don't need the govt to tell me

Dave

Please confirm just what a wanker is,  I think I get it but not sure

russ_drinkwater

Ummm, genital manipulater!
In my wifes dialect loot loot.
Lol, tugger, wanker, tosser, you know part of the key selection criteria for being a government employee!
There are plenty of places to hide away in australia.
Just find a small rural town and a house with some acres (50 acres minimum) and you are good to go!
I just love americans love of guns and the right to hold onto it! Wish to soft penised idiots over here were more like it!
I really feel alone some days , lol. ;)

russ_drinkwater

Hmmm, did I miss something. 28 years to learn how to look at the sun through a welding mask!
Not something I would recommend while searching for a planet killer.
How did we get here?