New e-panel for GS8048

Started by dapdan, August 18, 2011, 12:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapdan

Hey Midnite,

The new outback inverter has been released and I like it. It is called the GS8048. I was wondering if Midnite has an e-panel for sale to go along with this new inverter as yet. I have an install and I would love to couple a classic, e-panel and this inverter together. I  just wish to know if this would be possible since there is no indication of of any new e-panels custom made for this new inverter on the Midnite solar website.

Cheers...
Damani

Halfcrazy

Damani
I am not sure if MidNite will build one or not? I will ask and find out. You will however notice the Outback panel may look very much identical to the MidNite XW E Panel ??? ???
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dapdan

1/2

I did notice that their bottom mount panel was similar in concept to yours for the xw series except they only use panel mount breakers. Maybe great minds think alike. ::)

Cheers...
Damani

Halfcrazy

Well lets just say Robin was still on the board of directors over there at the time.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Destiney

=
Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 18, 2011, 12:14:04 PM
Damani
I am not sure if MidNite will build one or not? I will ask and find out. You will however notice the Outback panel may look very much identical to the MidNite XW E Panel ??? ???
totay agree with u

Robin

I purchased one of the new OutBack inverters for my own house. I will not be using the OutBack circuit breaker box. I will be resurrecting my original design for this inverter. The original inverter mechanical design was done by MidNite. We were suppose to build the breaker box to go with it, but when OutBack was sold, all those agreements went out the window. I will take a good look at what our box would have to offer over the OutBack box if any. If there is a substantial reason to go ahead with it, then we will put it on the market. Most people will purchase the breaker box from OutBack because they build the inverter. People that want to save a few hundred bucks would choose ours, but will it be enough to carry all the new parts to be able to make our own version? Don't really know. We do sell a lot of E-PAnels though for OutBack, Magnum and Xantrex inverters.
Robin Gudgel