US Battery...2200 XC..6 volt deep cycle Flooded Lead Acid batteries!

Started by Solar trucker, March 02, 2016, 11:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solar trucker

CDN-VT...The Volvo ALT Has only 12V output.  I was looking at increasing the Battery Bank Voltage
to alleviate some of the Heating Issues I'm having with the Classic 150...The Voltage of my panels
is quite high, 2 panels in series just puts me very close to the max...I'm in the process right now
rewiring to 4 strings instead of 2 and see what difference that will make...The added benefit of using
all parallel strings is that any shading on a single panel only affects the output of that panel...and not
the other one in a series string!
The roof of an RV has limited real estate, and one doesn't have a lot of options as to where to install
the panels..You just have to use all the available space and deal with any shading issues!
I am still going to investigate the 2 battery bank option though! WB..makes a good point about allowing
one 12v(small bank-232AH) for RV house lights and small 12v native only draws...and one 24v bank-464-AH bank for AC_Inverter loads only...What's your view on this scenario?... 8)
1.65 KW-RV 12V system of Sunpower Panels Classic 150 with BTS and WBJR and a Kid-6 x 6V US Batteries, 696 AH FLA-Magnum Energy MS-2812 Inverter, All Interior and Exterior Lights in the RV were replaced with LED's

Ottawa Canada (Summer) - SW Arizona (Winter)

CDN-VT

There is another thread on that panel voltage & replys , so lets just keep it there.
I have seen alts in duel , so thats all i was asking . I did reply on the panel thread Sir.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Solar trucker

1.65 KW-RV 12V system of Sunpower Panels Classic 150 with BTS and WBJR and a Kid-6 x 6V US Batteries, 696 AH FLA-Magnum Energy MS-2812 Inverter, All Interior and Exterior Lights in the RV were replaced with LED's

Ottawa Canada (Summer) - SW Arizona (Winter)