MULTIPLE CHARGER CONTROLLERS

Started by cjc0306, September 05, 2011, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjc0306

I need to power a 160v electric motor with batteries and solar panels. Which charge controller, or combination of controllers, will work with this system? Can a large battery bank be broken down into smaller units, with multiple chargers?

Thanks,
Chris

mike90045

Is the 160V motor AC or DC ?  50hz, 60hz or 400hz ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Halfcrazy

This can be done but it takes a lot of care and possibly a lack of warranty. I have seen it done where 2 controllers are wired into a 120vdc battery bank one controller to each 60vdc section. The issue here is that the negative parts of one controller will be 60vdc different than the other this is where the care comes in.

The cases could still be grounded as normal as long as you defeat GFP by removing the jumper in the Classic. This would mean any voltage potential would be internal on things like Auxiliary negatives and USB cables etc.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

cjc0306

Would'nt the issue be more with the amperage rather than the voltage. If you split the 120v into two 60v sections, wont the charger recognize this as such?

cjc0306

Would the charger amp output be doubled or remain the same.

Watt

Quote from: cjc0306 on September 05, 2011, 09:12:12 PM
I need to power a 160v electric motor with batteries and solar panels. Which charge controller, or combination of controllers, will work with this system? Can a large battery bank be broken down into smaller units, with multiple chargers?

Thanks,
Chris

How long will the motor run and when?