morning star vs midnite

Started by mahendra, May 24, 2016, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

I recently noticed some racket with morning star new mppt charge controller vs midnite kid .
Now i do not personally own a kid but i have a friend who does.
I must say i am very satisfied with the quality,performance and customer service from midnite vs morning star .I am also enthusiastic of their new inverters and hope they look into batteries some time soon.
I can say with the compliment of the midnite inverters to suit all of their other line of products only the batteries are missing or maybe a super capacitor if we are looking into the future. Oh i have a morning star charge controller too not very pleased with it!
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

CDN-VT

Morning star was my first low voltage & very small system .
I have had a few SS300 fluff out the smoke & it was corrected just  fine.
I have a 15A Mppt controller that has worked for years & i get to see it every 5 years as I need to change out the batterys .
Both are Very Good at what they do .
Midnite has boB & Robin , Because weird is needed , they can balance the requests ..
Just wait to my loonie tune request ;)

AIF

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels