News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Midnite Classic 150

Started by alehowe, July 27, 2016, 06:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alehowe

showing 31.5 volts in , but not showing any watts, or amps? I have a 24 volt battery setup showing 26.2 volts. Why are the amps, and volts not showing?
Pleas help, thank you
alehowe

Vic

Hi alehowe,

What charge stage is the Classic in?  This is on the lower right of the MNGP display (assuming that this is not a Classic Lite).

What is the Mode of the Classic  (ie,  Solar,  etc)?

If the Classic says it is "Resting",  then the Reason For Resting will help diagnose the issue. Here is a description for how to see the RFR:
http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=2034.0

For a 24 volt battery,  31.5 Vin is relatively low.   How are the PVs configured?  Are you using 60-cell PVs?  What manufacturer and model number of PVs are you using.

You might try Legacy P & O Mode,  if you still have some sun available.
Thanks for the answers,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

If your battery is at 26.4V input, the PV input voltage will need to start out at least 34 or 35 volts in order for the Classic to turn on.

At typical PV module temperature, (daytime and unshaded), your maximum power point voltage at 31.5 volt open circuit (Voc) will be only about 80% of that or, about 25 volts which is below your present battery voltage.  It is better if the MPP voltage is somewhat higher than the battery voltage for MPPT to work well.

You will not be able to benefit from maximum power point charging unless you raise that PV voltage more.
Can you put modules in series instead to get maybe 31 volts times two ?  60 volts or so ?

That would work better for you.

If you can't do that right now, I would suggest using a PWM charge controller at least temporarily.
When the weather cools down, those PV voltages will rise some and should work better then.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me