News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Read me first please.

Started by Halfcrazy, November 27, 2011, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

This thread will be a running set of FAQ'S that do not fit into the others. Please feel free to ask a question here if needed and I will make it a new FAQ. Please try to keep the responses to a minimum to help eliminate confusion but feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate category.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

clivusmul

I would love to see a Forum thread that summarizes MPPT charge performance actual data vs. size of array, voltage of batteries that shows actual performance produced by users of Midnite products. 

Each new set of performance measurements sent in to the forum moderator by a Midnite user adds a new line to the table...

A table format would be ideal with first column being controller type/designation, 2nd column being array size and VMP supplied, 3rd column being Imp name plate array current, 4th column being battery bank voltage and size then 4th column being controller amps being delivered to the battery in "full sun" conditions... This way, people who design and build a real system can start comparing their performance to name plate specs and the performance being reported by others... Example follows -

Controller      Array size and Vmp    Array Imp    Vbank voltage    Full sun current/watts delivered
Classsic 150         4X @ 120V        Imp = 8 amps         48 V             39A or 1911W

just a suggestion..
clivusmul
Bob J

jimskau

I'd reckon you would need battery state of charge as well to get any useful data. Otherwise an interesting idea. 8)
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1,8 Kw mixed array, Midnite Classic 150
1 Jack Russel terrier
SmartGauge battery monitor & a hell of a lot of Vines :-)

RossW

Quote from: jimskau on June 16, 2013, 05:30:42 AM
I'd reckon you would need battery state of charge as well to get any useful data. Otherwise an interesting idea. 8)

Not to mention you'd need information as to atmospheric conditions, ambient temperature, panel orientation etc.
And/or, pyranometer data at the same time to confirm what was actually available.
(I'm one of a very very few I know actually has that - but for different reasons!)
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

A1Topgun

Newbie would like to know how to post a new comment to a thread?  Reply button?  I'm I missing the New Comment button?
If your not the Lead Dog, the scenery never changes!

Halfcrazy

"Reply" will add a reply to an existing topic.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

A1Topgun

If your not the Lead Dog, the scenery never changes!

inetdog

Quote from: A1Topgun on August 29, 2013, 10:46:43 AM
:)
Thanks.
And the "Quote" button by each post will create a new post which starts out containing a quote of the earlier post, showing who made it and providing a link to that original post for those who want to go to that point in the thread.