When did the MX60 get discontinued?

Started by Volvo Farmer, November 28, 2011, 11:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volvo Farmer

There seem to be a few installers in here. When did the MX60 get discontinued and the FM60 get introduced? Seems to me it was only a few years ago.  I'm trying to get some buttons fixed on my MX60 and Outback tells me it is obsolete and that they no longer have button boards for them.

Despite not having parts they told me they can try to fix it if I send it in.

Thanks!

laszlo

I think around 2009. FYI: there is a thread at Wind-Sun forums about the MX-60 serial numbers and firmware revision dates.

4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Volvo Farmer

Thanks, I saw a thread somewhere where the FM60 was introduced mid-year 2008 so that sounds about right.

I don't know what's up over at Outback, but they told me in an email that the MX60 is obsolete, they no longer have parts for it, and if they did have parts for it, they are no longer willing to ship them out to the customer for field repair. 

So I got in touch with the guys who designed the MX60, and they are getting me the parts I need.  8)

Robin

The Keypad on the MX60 and the newer FM series are identical. 99% of the parts in the FM are still the same as the MX. I do not know why they would say such a thing. Perhaps they just do not know?
Robin Gudgel

Volvo Farmer

Hiya Robin!

I had the distinct feeling that the person I was talking to at Outback was highly trained in the art of CYA.  The whole experience certainly left a bad taste in my mouth and I am proud to say that all my charge controllers have moons on them now. My (obsolete) MX60 has been traded to the neighbor after I fixed it with a keypad from an old display model that boB and Ryan pulled out of the hat for me.  Thanks!