Local App connection issues Disconnecting or freezing etc.

Started by Halfcrazy, January 27, 2012, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok it has come to my attention that a couple people may be having issues keeping the Local App connected to the Classic. What I have done is installed the App on my Echolink PC and left it going with 4 Classics for close to 2 months with no issues (Since I upgraded Classic code). So what I need is for those people that are having issues to jump in here and give me as much info on there setup as possible.

IE: How the Classic is wired to the network and how the PC is hooked to that same network. Brand and model numbers of devices will be helpful. Also Classic and MNGP firmware dates as well as Local App version.

I found older Classic code had a slight bug 2 of my 6 Classics would stop talking to the Network and would need a reboot. Also I think Andrew has made some tweaks in the App software to help as well. I would ask anyone having issues to make sure they have the latest Classic/MNGP code and the newest Local App.

Classic/MNGP Code will be on our website today or Monday so might as well wait for that it actually fixes a slight bug in logging as well as other stuff.

In the Local App there is a Radio Button labeled  Click on the Config Tab and Click Update now.

Please give me as much detail as possible and I will make every attempt to recreate the issues.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dannyb223

Hi Ryan
I had the issue pop up the last couple weeks on my system as well. I think it was after the auto-update for the software, current version software is 0.1.4 and all three Classics have the November 09 update.

System has been working fine since the last Classic update and no issues until just recent. Classics will come up in the software with a disconnect notice " Device Not Available" and when you restart the program the Classics can not be found.

If you reboot the Classics then the software auto finds the Classics and the displays come back on line for about 5 to 6 hr then become disconnected again.
I have all classics plugged into an 8 port Links hub and this hub is connected to my main Cisco wireless/4port hub.

If you need any more info please let me know
Cheers
Danny
More Power one watt and a time

dannyb223

Hi Ryan

I did forget that I did have a similar issue with the previous Classic update prior to Nov 09 version where the software local app would not find the Classics the next day or about 10 to 12 hr after starting the software program, and you would have to reboot the Classics to get them back on line but once I loaded the Nov 09 update the problem went away until the last couple weeks.

I have not made any changes to the way my system is connected for the last 6 months to the hubs.

Cheers
Danny

dapdan

Half,

I have the same exact problem. It was working like a champ until recently.

Cheers...
Damani

Halfcrazy

Halfcrazy

Ok just talked to Andrew and he feels these Classic issues over the last few days are related to a software upgrade he did to My MidNite. Even though you are not accessing My MidNite your Classic is if it is connected to the net. He has disabled this code but if problems persist you should go into the Net Menu and set Web Access to Disabled.

Keep me posted
Ryan

dapdan

Half,

I have three classic hooked up to a local network through a port. As far as I am aware they are not connected to the net, but I mabye wrong. I will disable the net on the classic anyway as see how that goes. I to have upgraded all of my classics(200 and 2 150's) with the Nov 9 firmware. It was working like a champ even when the computer went to sleep it would awake and still be connected. I have my app to auto update. I think that was what Danny was refering to.

Cheers...
Damani

boB

Yeah, try it again guys and let us know if it's better now.

Thanks,
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dannyb223

I reset my Classics when I got home after work and if they have kicked out in the morning I will set the Classics to disable the web access.

I will post in the morning to let you know if Andrews code change stopped it or if it has to be stopped at the Classic.

Cheers
Danny

dapdan

MN,

I disabled the net function on the classics and restarted them and the connection on the app has been stable since then. I will let you guys know it acts up again but so far so good.

Cheers...
Damani

dannyb223

Ryan

I checked this morning and the local app software is still running after running all night.

I only rebooted the software and the Classics last night when I got home from work and did not disable the web access on the Classics.

I would guess that whatever Andrew changed on the MyMidnite site worked.

I will leave my setup the same and let you know if I have any problems in the next while

Cheers
Danny

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Drew

I have downloaded the latest Local App software and hopefully someone can help with all the issues:

1) Constantly disconnects, I have gone overnight without it disconnecting but usually it's between a couple of  minutes to a couple of hours then I have to reboot the Edimax Wireless Range Extender/Access Point where the Classic 150 is connected. The Classic just seems to quit sending a signal to it. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have Web Access enabled or disabled. Sometimes I even have to remove the IP settings on the configuration screen of the Local App and re-type them in to get it to work.

2) I get this error message every time I start the Local App software "[ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3001" errorID=3001]" I click OK and the program works fine until I click on the "config" tab, then I get the error message again. I click OK and the program works fine.

3) Is there anyway to save the changes permanently when I click "config" then "classic" and change the "Power Meter Scale"? It always reverts back to the original settings if I close the program and reopen it.

4) Is there anyway to get all the data out of the Classic and on to my computer? Not just the data while the Local App is running, but all the data stored in the Classic?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

atop8918

Hi, Drew,
First off, I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with the Classic and Local App. I've been trying to make this as robust as possible so let's see if we can get to the heart of the matter.

As far as your 3001 Error and setting "stickiness": The 3001 error is permissions-related, that is a "File or Directory Access denied". Which can mean that the settings directory doesn't exist or that there is a permissions problem. The latter is highly dependent on your Operating System. The configuration (and log) data is stored in the following places:

Windows XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\

Windows 7:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store

MAC OSX:
/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel/

Linux (depends on distribution):
/Users/<username>/.appdata/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel/
or
/home/<username>/.appdata/com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel/

So for that particular problem it may have something to do with the directory. Try navigating to that directory to see if it exists. Windows 7, Linux, and OSX may potentially have permissions issues, particularly Windows 7 which in my opinion is a steaming pile of half-cooked...but I digress. 

As for #4: I am working on grabbing the log data from the Classic and adding that to the Local App, but I haven't had a chance to finish it yet. Once that is in place, you will be able to download it and export to a csv file for use in your favorite spreadsheet program.  I recommend Libre Office.

Hope this helps someone. I'll be working on the other issues offline. Thanks for your patience.

-A

jabal

Hi all, new to Classic...

I have this problem with the Classic Lite connecting and disconecting to the App. I have my lock code typed correctly but still I cannot find where to disable the Web Access. I've gone through all the config tabs and can't find it. Please tell me where can I disable. Thnaks.