Local app with iPad

Started by qrper, November 04, 2019, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

I have an old  iPad that I no longer use. Is it possible to get the local app to work on an iPad?

It thought it might be kinda cool to keep track of the battery system by using one of the iPads

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

ClassicCrazy

Can't answer your question about the ipad and local app but if you come across any android phones or tablets there is a very good Classic Monitoring App available for free with very nice graphics .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

qrper

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on November 04, 2019, 11:31:12 AM
Can't answer your question about the ipad and local app but if you come across any android phones or tablets there is a very good Classic Monitoring App available for free with very nice graphics .

Larry

The walls won't bleed if I get an android tablet. The older ones should be, like the old iPads, fairly inexpensive.

Can you Point me to a website for the app. Google app?

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

KyleM

The trick is to make Adobe AIR run on your iPad.   Pretty sure if you can get that to work the Local App will install and work.

We have zero Apple products here to test on so I can not confirm that.

Wait!!! I think boB has an old Mac running 8.1 hiding somewhere ...........  but that would be it for Macintosh at Midnite
-Kyle

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: qrper on November 04, 2019, 02:31:55 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on November 04, 2019, 11:31:12 AM

Larry

The walls won't bleed if I get an android tablet. The older ones should be, like the old iPads, fairly inexpensive.

Can you Point me to a website for the app. Google app?

mike

I have been getting new Amazon Fire tablets last couple years for $30 and hacking them by installing new ROM - then a great inexpensive Android.  Just search for Classic Monitoring App on google Playstore and you can get it there.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.farrelltonsolar.classic
Also is a long forum post about the development of the Classic Monitoring App here http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1589.0

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable