News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

RS232 data

Started by rayclark, January 06, 2020, 06:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayclark

I just bought a couple Kids for remote comm site installs. We need the ability to process the information available. What I am getting is
"120,112,,,,-530, ,100,400,39," without the quotes. We have the latest fw 1864 and I setup the Kid with only batteries to configure it for fielding. The data stream does not seem to match the paper document we got nor anything I have been able to locate here in the forums. I have searched and followed links, but alas I am coming up dry.

I have an RS232-Ethernet interface that lets me get the data every minute. I need to know what it is so I can shove it into the database correctly and then display and trend it in Metabase.

Can anyone help? I opened a ticket but am not able to properly convey what it is I need.

Thanks
Ray

A J Coop

G'day Ray
Those 120,112,,,,-530, ,100,400,39 is correct data, but by the looks of it you don't have a WhizBang Jr and BTS...

120 is 12.0
112 is 11.2
-530 is -53.0
400 is 400
39 ah I think 39.
The missing data ,,, is missing data given by the WB Jr and the BTS not being present is giving false data.
I hope my narrow explanation gives you a good hint on what's what.
;)
A J

rayclark

Thank you, I understand dividing the values by 10. What I do not know is what those values represent: Battery Volts, PV Volts, PV Amps, Load Amps, Battery Temp, Battery charge state,?,?,?.

Correct, nothing extra in my configuration.

A J Coop

Batt V, PV V, Yes
PV Amps, Load Amps, NO, close but no pie
Batt Temp, SOC is in the stream, so is Batt Ah (hint)
eg
12.0 Batt V
11.2 PV V
-53.0 is ??? What
400 is ???
39 is ???

rayclark

Problem is only battery was connected (no PV, no load) so values don't seem to make sense

ClassicCrazy

Take a look at this post and the links in the post - somewhere there is more info on output of the Kid
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4074.0

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

I am currently working with Engineering to define the 10 data points. The document I have doesnt seem to agree with the data being exported.

Sorry this shouldnt be this hard, I will resolve this today I promise

A J Coop

1>    Batt V
2>    PV V
3>    PV Watts
4>    Controller KWh
5>    Controller Ah
6>    Batt Temp
7>    Batt A
8>    Batt SoC
9>    Batt Ah
10>  Controller Code *This code is of no use* Having Engineering define this would be of some help.

Hope this helps people! It took me 3 or 4 years to get this far.....

A J

FNG

The variables are as follows:

1- Battery Voltage as displayed on the kid, Must divide by 10
2- Input Voltage as displayed on the Kid, Must divide by 10
3- Kids output Wattage, No math the value is as shown
4- Kwh for the day, Must divide by 10
5- Amp Hours, No math the value is as shown
6- Battery Temperature in Celcius, Must divide by 10
7- WBjr amps, Must divide by 10
8- Battery State Of Charge, No math the value is as shown
9- WBjr Remaining Amp Hours, No math the value is as shown
10- Reason For Resting, No math the value is as shown. (I need to hunt down the RFR chart for the kid)

Ryan

rayclark

Thank you. Can we get the battery state chart too?

FNG

Battery State of Charge not chart. If you use the WBjr you can get an actual stat of charge percentage from the Kid.

rayclark

But I was asking for a chart that said 400=resting, ?=absorb, ?=bulk, ?= float

rayclark

1- Battery Voltage as displayed on the kid, Must divide by 10
2- Input Voltage as displayed on the Kid, Must divide by 10
3- Kids output Wattage, No math the value is as shown
4- Kwh for the day, Must divide by 10
5- Amp Hours, No math the value is as shown
6- Battery Temperature in Celcius, Must divide by 10
7- WBjr amps, Must divide by 10
8- Battery State Of Charge, No math the value is as shown
9- WBjr Remaining Amp Hours, No math the value is as shown
10- Reason For Resting, No math the value is as shown. (I need to hunt down the RFR chart for the kid)

These definitions do not correlate to the date being output by the kid. For a complete 24 hour cycle I got 100 for battery soc, 400 for remaining amp hrs (do not have wbjr), and a 5 as the reason for resting.

Additionally the output wattage of the kid is not correct and seems somehow related to PV voltage or PV current. I do not have a battery temp sensor installed yet and the only 2 values that I can reconcile are PV input voltage and battery voltage.

FNG

So SOC and AH will stay at 100% and 400Ah with no WBjr that makes sense. So can you post a shot of the data stream and what you think they coorelate to? Also can you remind me what firmware you are running

rayclark

Here is a sample
248,263,8,,,-530,,100,400,5,

I have the latest firmware available 1864. Starting with 3 Kid output wattage is bogus; 4 and 5 always empty, 6 bogus (probably because the remote battery temp sensor is not hooked up), 7 (no wbjr),8,9 (no wbjr), & 10 are meaningless