Duel XW Inverters

Started by WindFarmer, February 11, 2012, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindFarmer

I want to use 2 XW inverters on a system we are installing. I would like to use an E panel for this project because of my past success with MidNite gear and the breaker options.  The XW Power Distribution Panel is limited to only a 60a &80a.

My question is how can I can I land two XW inverters in the same E panel or come close to the XW Power Distribution Panel setup using MidNite equipment?

Marc

Robin

The MidNite XW E-Panel was designed for a single inverter. You should use the Xantrex distribution panel on two or three inverter installations. That said, we are working on methods that will change that issue. We are building prototypes of a Radian E-Panel now that can support one or two inverters. We double the bypass assembly for two inverters. We have the same issue on the Sunny Island E-Panel we are working on too. In fact SMA wants a 200 amp AC bypass so they can do up to 4 Sunny Island inverters. These solutions will be able to be incorporated into the XW E-Panels in the future. The Xantrex distribution system was very well designed for use with multiple inverters, so it is a good choice in this case.
Robin Gudgel