News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

WBJr Ah Capacity

Started by mobywile, December 27, 2020, 02:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Maybe you could take a picture of the display of 65111  ?

I am not getting it in context for my old brain.

What's left of it :)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mobywile

OK.  Here are one of the MNGP and one of the Local App.  The battery temp. always does this anytime I reset the Classic.  Temp. Comp. is OFF
As you can see, the Net Amp Hours on both reflect the overnight use and also the lack of sun for the past few days.  Today we might get to 100% and i can take another pic of the ubiquitous 65111.
I am also a seasoned citizen and sometimes i think they should just take me away.  But I persist.

Moby
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.
Off-grid since 1980 and, maybe, done growing my system

boB

Moby !  Thank you for the pictures ! I see what you are talking about here.

However, they are both of the Local App screen.

Need to see the MNGP  WB Jr. screens.  The pertinent ones anyway.

Looks to me like there may be a calculation problem but would need to see that MNGP screen(s)
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mobywile

Sorry about that.  Here is one pic of the  MNGP screen while it was charging and another at 100% charged. 
We have good sun here again today so it will go to 100% before noon, probably.
I will be surprised if this is a calculation problem.  If that were true, I wouldn't have such close correlation between the Magnum and the Midnite, I think.  We just have this arbitrary (?) 65111 number that persists. 
I have gone to the Local App and changed the amp hour capacity and reset with that number and it never changes the 65111. When i go back to the correct number and apply it, same result.
Again, your patience is appreciated.

Moby
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.

boB

OK, Moby says...

"The Local Status App still reads the correct amp hour capacity at 906.  It doesn't read the erroneous 65111 that the WBJr does."

I don't quite understand what you mean by the WBJr. does or says.

Are you guys reading raw MODBUS data from the Classic somehow ?  Or do you mean MNGP ?

But you should NEVER see anything very much above that capacity depending on temperature, etc. 

Never anything in the 60,000+ Amp-Hour capacity anyway.   

There has to be a calculation error somewhere.  Either that or you guys are saying something I do not understand.

I think that the Capacity is limited to a signed +/- 32,768 Amp-Hours ?   Don't remember exactly.  Might have to look now.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mobywile

Hey boB.  I'm sorry if I'm making this harder than it needs to be.  This is the MNGP.  If the Capacity is limited, I guess there is something wrong with the WBJr.  I wouldn't know a MODBUS from a VW Transporter.  Sorry.
When everything was working correctly, I would read the amp hour Capacity at 906 on the MNGP, as I would in the Local App.  Right now, on the Local App main screen, the Capacity reads 65111.  On the Config Advanced Screen, it reads 906.
Temp. Comp is OFF and Device is Not Installed.  No need for this with the LFPs I am told by the maufacturer.
Does any of this help? 
Would it help if I gave you my login and password for MyMidnite? Maybe looking at the SOC versus Net Amp Hours versus Battery voltage would give you a better picture of what i'm talking about.  I'm ready to try anything at this point.

Hope you are going to have some kind of Happy New Year this evening. 

Moby

Vic

Forget if this has been addressed,  previously,

BUT,   what Firmware are the Classics running?  Forget is the two Lites are using FollowMe  ...

And,  as another aside;  This MNGP is running on a Classic Lite.   Should make NO difference,   but may not to too common, an installation,   et cetera.

FWIW,   HNY,  all,   Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: mobywile on December 31, 2020, 06:50:16 PM
Hey boB.  I'm sorry if I'm making this harder than it needs to be.  This is the MNGP.  If the Capacity is limited, I guess there is something wrong with the WBJr.  I wouldn't know a MODBUS from a VW Transporter.  Sorry.
When everything was working correctly, I would read the amp hour Capacity at 906 on the MNGP, as I would in the Local App.  Right now, on the Local App main screen, the Capacity reads 65111.  On the Config Advanced Screen, it reads 906.
Temp. Comp is OFF and Device is Not Installed.  No need for this with the LFPs I am told by the maufacturer.
Does any of this help? 
Would it help if I gave you my login and password for MyMidnite? Maybe looking at the SOC versus Net Amp Hours versus Battery voltage would give you a better picture of what i'm talking about.  I'm ready to try anything at this point.

Hope you are going to have some kind of Happy New Year this evening. 

Moby

I know what I do when electronic brains get scrambled on any devices  - I do a reset to factory defaults. In this case a VMM would work on the one with the MNGP . If not updated to newest firmware already  I would update all of them, then do VMM , or jumper reset if needed for ones without MNGP.  If the problem persists then take it to the next stage of trouble shooting.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mobywile

Hey Vic,

MNGP is running Revision 1933.  Classic is 2126.  MNGP controls both Lites as does the Local App.

Follow Me is in place.

Larry,

I am about ready to do all you suggest if we think it will change this craziness.  Should I do a complete firmware update or just a reset?

2021 is coming and man is she pi##ed!

Moby

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: mobywile on December 31, 2020, 08:38:53 PM
Hey Vic,

MNGP is running Revision 1933.  Classic is 2126.  MNGP controls both Lites as does the Local App.

Follow Me is in place.

Larry,

I am about ready to do all you suggest if we think it will change this craziness.  Should I do a complete firmware update or just a reset?

2021 is coming and man is she pi##ed!

Moby

Firmware updates had fixes for this and that over the years. The Classic Firmware is up to 2193 now. If you use the Local Status App - first I would save all my settings using that so you don't have to manually re-enter setpoints after updates.  Then I would update the firmware ( and MNGP update too for the one that has that )  on all of  your Classics and do a VMM (or jumper reset for Lites )  after  you have done the firmware updates. You can then use the Local Status App to restore all your settings.

Happy New Year to your hopefully bug free Classics !

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

All I know is that capacity should never be reading anywhere near 65111 amp-hours.

If for some reason it is a negative value, it should not be reading a high positive value, it should be reading a negative value.

Will look into this.

Yes, having a wonderful new years' eve by myself   Oooo...  Awwww....

Happy new year !
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mobywile

Thank you, gentlemen.  I will get my head around the updates and get set up with the laptop, etc.  It has been a long time since I did one of these so I'll wait 'til the system is full sometime this weekend.  I'll need to read the instructions, etc. a couple times to reorient myself.  I hope this fixes everything.

How can a ham be alone, ever?  My dad was K1MQM, the "Mighty Quiet Mouse" in Westborough, MA., and he was always with friends whenever he fired up the rig.

I'll be in touch when i make the changes.

Moby

mobywile

Oh Boy!  2021 has begun. 
I went down to the battery/utility room to begin the process of upgrading the Classics, I have two, removed the covers, plugged in the comms cable,and came into the house.  Upon checking that I had all the info I wanted prior to reset, I saw that the MNGP, WBJr, and Local App all had reset to the correct readings.  Really, I swear that it happened that quickly and at that moment.  I had looked at the readout on the MNGP just prior to going down to prep for the upgrade and it was reading all the wrong numbers. 
What to do?
I think I'll leave it as-is and monitor it to see if it goes haywire again.  We have good sun today and everything will cycle through bulk, absorb, and float so I'll get a look at all the numbers.  Also, I can compare it to the Magnum monitor to make sure they match.
Happy New Year everybody.  I can't thank you enough for all the help.  I'll keep in touch.

Moby

boB

Quote from: mobywile on January 01, 2021, 03:21:48 PM
Oh Boy!  2021 has begun. 
I went down to the battery/utility room to begin the process of upgrading the Classics, I have two, removed the covers, plugged in the comms cable,and came into the house.  Upon checking that I had all the info I wanted prior to reset, I saw that the MNGP, WBJr, and Local App all had reset to the correct readings.  Really, I swear that it happened that quickly and at that moment.  I had looked at the readout on the MNGP just prior to going down to prep for the upgrade and it was reading all the wrong numbers. 
What to do?
I think I'll leave it as-is and monitor it to see if it goes haywire again.  We have good sun today and everything will cycle through bulk, absorb, and float so I'll get a look at all the numbers.  Also, I can compare it to the Magnum monitor to make sure they match.
Happy New Year everybody.  I can't thank you enough for all the help.  I'll keep in touch.

Moby

AMAZING what a new year can bring !

I'll keep my fingers crossed !  ALL year !   :)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mobywile

Amazing, yes.  Satisfying, not so much.  I would love to know what caused this to happen in the first place.

As I said, I'm not updating anything just yet.  I think my firmware versions are new enough to continue as before.  If I get a repeat performance, I will post it right away. 

Onward into the fog......

Thanks again,

Moby